Thursday, July 7, 2016

Wednesday, July 6th, 2016



At the health club I increased my treadmill time to 16 minutes.  I weighed myself but I’m still 77.5 kilos.

Coming back from the health club I saw a guy in a wheelchair on the sidewalk across the street.  A girl was measuring the width of the sidewalk and he was writing it on a clipboard.  I guess he was checking out the sidewalks and how wide they are and need to be.

I left the apt at 12:30, stopped at the tourist bureau and found it closed (why did I even check, I knew it was closed from noon to 1pm) and then stopped in the Exito near the highway.  I heard a slow version of Jingle Bells as I walked down the aisle.  What?  In July?  I walked right past the shelf where I had seen jars and jars of dill pickle chips but now they had jars and jars of Safeway’s Sweet Relish.  I looked for a can of Planters Peanuts but they weren’t where I had seen them before either.  I asked a girl working there and eventually found that they don’t have either of them anymore.  Instead I bought a can of Colombian salted peanuts for 6,900.

I walked to the metro and took it to Hospital Station and walking to Dario’s store I bought 2 500ml bottles of slightly cool Coke.

Finally I won the right to start with the white pieces but he won the first game.  I won the 2nd and we only had 20 minutes left so I put 10 minutes on each clock and I barely won the last game with seconds to spare.

Back at the Envigado Exito I heard Jingle Bells again.  I picked up a couple packages of presliced Cheddar cheese, another bag of nacho chips and a large bag of coconut granola.

Teresa and I finished the 1st bottle of medium hot Salsa and once again couldn’t get the 2nd bottle open.  One of my readers recommended we put it upside down with the top in some boiling water.  We tried that but it still wouldn’t open.  Finally, Teresa took a butter knife and pried the top up enough to pop up the button on top and we were able to open it easily.  I guess that releaved the vacuum pressure.

Teresa wants to go to Nueva eps early tomorrow to see if we can get our medical tests done cheaper so I set the alarm – her idea – for 7am.  I also have to pay the utility bills and buy my medicine for the month.

T-shirt of the day: I do not care at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment