Friday, July 29, 2016

Thursday, July 28th, 2016



Correction!  Last night the fireworks started again before we went to bed at 11pm.  Not to mention the horns honking, people yelling, and plastic horns tooting.  It didn’t stop until 4am.  

I got up at 8:15 and after my shower Teresa told me she needs a package of arepas for breakfast, a few ripe tomatoes and a ripe avocado for lunch.  It was 8:30 and the Today show starts at 9.  I walked to Exito, they didn’t have any ripe avocados but I did pick up the ripe tomatoes and package of arepas she wanted.  I also picked up a package of eggs, a small bag of granola, a bottle of mild salsa and another loaf of the cereal bread.  There was only one other man ahead of me in line and I was back at the apt by 8:52.

After an hour watching the Today show Laura went with me to pick up my repaired sandal.  The “shop” was about 4 blocks away and it only cost 4,000 pesos (less than $1.50).  In the US it would probably cost me $10-$20 and I would have to wait a week.  We walked to the corner by the gym where Laura picked out a ripe avocado for 3,000 pesos.  She went on to the gym and I returned to the apt.

In the afternoon I went to the park and won 3 games against the young man with the Apple watch.  I then stopped and had a color copy made of my cedula and had it laminated.  This is what I’ll carry with me most of the time and I’ll leave the original in the apt.

I had Teresa call the Chess League of Antioquia at the Stadium and ask about upcoming chess tournaments.  I understand there is a 9 game tournament this Sunday but they are 10 minute games and those are way too fast for me.  The next tournament coming up is next Wednesday thru Sunday with games at 10am and 6:30pm.  That sure leaves a lot of time in between.  The games are 60 minutes plus 3 seconds are added for each move you make.  We are going to stop there Saturday morning to register.
Tonight for dinner I had 2 pieces of sweet corn that I bought at Exito.  It was much better than what I had from Merkepaisa.

I watched Hillary Clinton’s acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention.

T-shirt of the day: Speed limit 55.

No comments:

Post a Comment