Monday, July 11, 2016

Sunday, July 10th, 2016



Teresa informed me that we’ll go to mass tonight instead of this morning.  She seemed uncertain when I asked her the time and then she stated 7pm so we’ll see.

Teresa sent me to Exito to buy 2 ripe avocados and a package of sausage because all she had for lunch was salad and frijoles (beans).  I ask the young man in the vegetable dept to help me pick out a couple ripe avocados and he said there aren’t any.  I found the package of sausages Teresa wanted but when I got to the cash registers the lines were unbelievably long.  I put the sausage back and told Teresa I’m sorry but I’m going to wait in line for 30 minutes for a package of sausages.

I forgot to mention that yesterday when I was playing a not so strong player I decided to play something different with white and I ended up mating him in 5 moves:
1. e4  b6  2. Bc4  Bb7  3. Nf3  Bxe4   4. Ng5  Bxg2  5. Bxf7 Checkmate.  I felt embarrassed for him.

I left the apt about 2:30 for the park.  I took 10,000 pesos just in case I met the guy who wanted to play for cash.  Just in case he didn’t have change and I actully lost a game I took an extra 2,000 peso note.  I played 2 or 3 strong players (at least about my strength) and a couple not so strong and I ended up winning 7 games and losing none.  I think I’m about ready to play in a tournament at the Stadium.

Leaving the park I saw a guy dressed up like a gorilla and 2 young men on stilts.  I forgot if I mentioned yesterday that they had a street leading to the park blocked off and there were 10 rows of 7 umbrellas each hanging over the street.

I stopped at Exito and the lines seemed to be short so I picked up a package of the sausages Teresa wanted.  They were exactly 11,660 and I had 12,000 pesos so that just worked out.  I walked to the 3rd cashier and there was no line so I got in and out very quickly.

I did an Error Check on the external drive.  It took 3-4 hours but when it finished it reported “some problems were found and fixed.”  I tried copying a file to it but I still get the same Windows Explorer error.

We went to mass and shortly after sitting there I had the urge to pee real badly.  I excused myself and hustled on over to Exito so I could use their bathroom.  I remembered I had a whole bottle of water while I was playing chess in the afternoon and when I got back to the apt Teresa gave me a cold glass of strawberry juice.  That combined with my enlarged prostate pushing on my bladder and the fact I didn’t pee just before leaving the apt turned this into an emergency situation.  It’s been a long time since that last happened to me.

It’s strange but I have a twitch on my left hand.

T-shirt of the day: Bad boys cry.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should buy some avocados, let them ripen and then plan the meal around the ripe avocados........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't talk to me, talk to the cook!

    ReplyDelete