Sunday, July 17, 2016

Friday, July 15th, 2016



Another overcast day; it soon cleared up but never got real hot.

I completed me weekly workout at the health club and now I can relax until Monday.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Infiltrator (7.5).  Locally I would still like to see Independence Day (5.6) but it’s only playing at 7:30pm at El Tesoro.

Teresa and I left the apt at 4:30 for Laureles to look for a swimsuit for her.  At one point the taxi crossed over the river near the new Parque de Rio and I could see that they have the tunnel portion completed so traffic no longer needs to be diverted to the other side of the river.  The taxi cost 16,000 pesos and dropped us off at the little store (Almacen Juanamar) on Carrera 80 & Calle 35 (Carrera 80 #35-04) that sells very inexpensive clothes.  The young man that was helping me spoke a little English.  For 148,000 pesos (about $50) I got 3 t-shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and Teresa got a pair of shorts.  At El Comedor de Chava I had a bowl of chili and a mango juice and Teresa had a beef shish kebab and mango juice for a total of 30,000 peos (about $10).  We took a taxi back to the apt for 18,000 pesos.

T-shirt of the day: Run for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment