Sunday, July 10, 2016

Saturday, July 9th, 2016



I forget why but Teresa decided we’d go to Santafe tomorrow instead of today.

I got my TV headphones working again.

I have a leather chess wallet with plastic pieces but it’s so old the plastic pieces are breaking.  The black queen broke completely so I laid it on a piece of cardboard, put crazy glue on it and covered it with scotch tape.  The problem is that I put on too much glue and the tape got wet and then wouldn’t stick.  I had to remove the tape, let it dry and put on new tape.  All the while of course my fingers got glue on them and started sticking to everything but I did manage to accomplish my mission without gluing my fingers together or to anything else.

The weekly close was 2,935 pesos to the dollar.

I left the apt about 3:30 to play chess in the park where I won all 5 games against inferior opponents.  At this stage I don’t have any choice over who I play I just accept anyone who asks.  And most people I play I have no idea if they are going to be strong players or weak.  Sometimes I can tell right away based on how strong their first few moves are.  The last man I played asked if I would be back at the park tomorrow and I told him we’re going to Santafé de Antioquia tomorrow.

I went with Laura and Teresa to Exito to pick up a few things.  First Teresa wanted to exchange a swimming suit she bought for a different one.  She didn’t find anything she liked and by then the downtown Envigado clothing stores were already closed for the night.  Because of that I understand we’re not going to Santafé tomorrow.  We picked up some food items including bacon.

Teresa made BLTs for Laura and I for dinner and yes, they are much better when made with toast instead of plain bread.

We watched the movie 3,096 Days (6.3) on Netflix which the ladies really liked.

Teresa informed me that since we’re not going to Santafe tomorrow we’ll got to the noon mass instead.

T-shirt of the day: Dream on.

No comments:

Post a Comment