Thursday, July 14, 2016

Wednesday, July 13th, 2016



This morning is again overcast which I hope will help keep the heat down; it worked yesterday.

Teresa and Laura left the apt at 10am for the health club.  I left at 10:30 and found the guys are now working on our sidewalk.  Teresa was so happy when the guys finished working on the sidewalk across the street, now we’re going to be awakened at 7am by sledgehammers ripping up our sidewalk.

My security software keeps blocking something called wyupdate4.exe.

I returned to Dario’s store where we played a couple games of chess – he won one and I won one.  (In the first game I gave him a pawn for free which didn't help things.)  I took my thermometer with me and it was 82 degrees inside his office while it was 76 degrees inside the apt.

Back in Envigado I stopped in the Exito pharmacy and bought an eye dropper.  I only had a 20mil bill with me and the salesman showed me the price on the register – 585 pesos.  I laughed and told him I’ll take 10 and I’ll sell them outside for 1,000 pesos.  He had a good laugh over that.

It turned very cool outside – so much so that we closed some windows.
I showed Teresa what I wanted the eye dropper for.  We have an ice cube tray with very small spots that have to be filled individually with water.  If you get the rest of the ice cube tray wet then it freezes and makes it difficult to remove the tray.  Unfortunately, the eye dropper was so small that it would take about half a dozen eye dropper filling for each spot.  Teresa gave me a larger eye dropper that worked almost perfectly.

I called a couple gringos back in the States (Paul from Chicago and Harold from Louisiana) that are planning on moving to Medellin and I gave them some tips.

T-shirt of the day: Girls say not when boys say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment