Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Tuesday, July 5th, 2016



Teresa called Dario and we made a date to meet tomorrow at 2pm.

The temperature in my apartment computer room varies during the day from 74 to 78 degrees.

We left the apt at 11:30 and walked to the garage restaurant.  Laura didn’t arrive so after we finished eating we took a meal to go.  Laura arrived at the apt a few minutes later for lunch.

We took a taxi to a “clinic” called Stella Duran in El Poblado and I took my thermometer with me.  On the way it showed a temp of 82 degrees.  Laura has a skin problem where her face is breaking out.  I paid 210,000 pesos (about $70) for 3 cleanings and 1 micro prom (whatever that is).  After waiting about 45 minutes for her to finish I remembered there was a bakery across the street.  I told Teresa I’m going across the street for a coffee and to meet me there.  When I got there – Crispán - I ordered a Mr. Tea instead.  I could see the Hostel Casa Blanca a little down the street with some gringos sitting outside and others walking to and from.  Suddenly, while I’m sitting there the temperature started dropping and it was soon down to 76 degrees.
Teresa and Laura arrived about 30 minutes later.  We walked across the street to catch a taxi.  One just drive past us and I whistled and he stopped immediately.  As usual the ladies got in the back and I got in the front.  I said, “see, whistling does work”.  The driver said in perfect English “well it worked for me”.  His name was Gabriel, he was born in Medellin but worked first in New York then in Houston, Texas for many years.  He complained a lot about the crazy motorcycle drivers here (right after he said that we saw an accident) and how slow people are about getting things done – always “mañana”.  And that’s coming from a Colombian!

I pointed out the new shopping mall they are building next to the highway Exito in Envigado and the driver told me when it’s finished (early 2018) it’s supposed to be the largest in Medellin (even though it’s in Envigado).  That must mean there will be more than 200 stores.

I received an email from MBE that I have a document waiting to be picked up.

I made waffles for Teresa and I for dinner.  I guess Laura is supposed to be more careful about eating fatty things.

T-shirt of the day: Look hot. Be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment