Saturday, July 23, 2016

Tuesday, July 19th, 2016



Teresa couldn’t wait to hit the beach.  

We had a quick breakfast of cold scrambled eggs mixed with sausage (hot dog) slices, an arepa with cheese and coffee.

I paid 30,000 pesos for a makeshift cabana for us to use right in front of the ocean during our stay.  
View from our cabana.

Having lunch in the cabana.

My lunch.

Cabanas strung together.

Teresa talked to Laura who tried to get into the health club but she was unsuccessful because I hadn’t paid for the new month yet.

For 25,000 pesos we had a nice lunch that they brought to us in our cabana.

I stopped at the hotel and bought a couple AA batteries for the camera.

Later in the afternoon there was some commotion near a parked car.  Someone said there is a huge crab under the car.  Some guys poked under the car with a stick and removed one of its claws.  I was standing by the curb and the crab came out from under the car in my direction.  They finally captured it and I don’t know what happened to it after that.

Even though I kept to the shade and only went in the water twice I still had a slight burn on my arms and shoulders.

Dinner was better this time – fish for Teresa and chicken breast for me.
A young man named Abel came up and told us that I used to play chess against him and his brother Andres in Mall Laureles.  He works for Claro which takes him all over Colombia.  We exchanged phone numbers and promised to call to schedule a match in Parque Envigado.

They had some entertainment for us on the beach.  People who lived on the coast played and danced for us.



T-shirt of the day: Hello.  Save my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment