Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday, July 17th, 2016



I slept in until 9:15.

We heard a lot of horns honking and looked out the window and saw 8 garbage trucks, with blue and white balloons on top, go by.

We walked down to the Exito by the highway where Teresa returned a blouse she had purchased some weeks ago.  

I stopped at a copy center and had a copy of my cedula made and laminated for 1,400 pesos.  It doesn’t look very clear so at the first opportunity I’ll get a color copy made.  The point is that I will carry the copy and keep the original in a safe (safer) place.

We picked up some food, including a few snacks for tomorrow, and took a taxi back to the apt.  

Just after we returned it rained a little for about 20 minutes.

I went to the park and won 3 games.  I saw a few men playing with the new chessboards they got for free for playing against the International Master.  A man told me they are having another simultaneous tonight.  While walking around looking at other games it started raining.  It let up a little as I made my way back to the apt.

Tomorrow we get up at 4am in order to catch a bus at 6am in Medellin for a 10 hour ride to a town on the Pacific coast named Necocli.  It costs 220mil (about $75) per person which includes transportation, hotel, breakfast and dinner.  Teresa hasn’t been there before and we just looked at a Youtube video and she said it looks ugly.  At least it will be something different.

We’ll be back Thursday night so no blog postings for a few days.


A minor tragedy occurred. One of my Teva sandals came apart.  Now I have to wear my flip flops.

T-shirt of the day: Sugar daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment