Saturday, July 23, 2016

Wednesday, July 20th, 2016



We slept well again getting up at 7am.  Others went on a trip to a better beach but I understood its 3 hours away so we skipped it.

There were a lot more people on the beach today – especially children.
I finally realized that today is Colombia’s Independence Day.

Today there were a lot of plants and what looked like vomit floating up on the beach.  When I splashed water on the latter I found out it was just made up of bubbles.  Teresa explained it all drifted in from some river.

Again we had lunch in the cabana.

I ate the bag of Maizitos (kind of like Fritos but not as tasty) that I had brought with us.

In the cabana next to us was a dark skinned man with what I saw was 3 very young boys also dark skinned.  Teresa excused herself and a few minutes after she returned a couple policemen arrived and talked to the man.  Teresa whispered to me that she believes he’s stealing children.

The policemen left and returned a couple hours later with 4 of their comrades.  They talked to the man some more while one of the men took some notes in a notebook.  Finally they all walked away with the man and 2 of the small children walking with one of the policemen.

I asked Teresa what time we are scheduled to leave tomorrow and she said noon which means we won’t get back to Medellin until about midnight.

T-shirt of the day: Like the stars we burn away.

No comments:

Post a Comment