Saturday, July 2, 2016

Friday, July 1st, 2016



I got up at 7:30.

I received an email from Trip Advisor that they published my review of Parque El Salado.

At the health club I continued my treadmill exercise for a cardio program.  It asks you to enter the time (15 min), your weight (77 kg), your age (70), speed (level 5), and your target heart rate (120).  Since I control the speed I wondered how it could target your heart rate and I found that it increases the elevation of the treadmill.

I headed back to the apt alone while Teresa stayed for an organized exercise program.

I asked Laura, with Teresa standing there, if she had a key to her bedroom.  (I see keys in the other bedroom doorknobs but not hers.)  She asked me why that was important and I said if we have a gringo staying in the extra bedroom then she might feel safer if she locked up her bedroom when she leaves.  She said in English, “What the f#%*!”.  I was shocked but we didn’t continue the discussion.  

After we left the apt I told Laura that I didn’t want to hear that kind of talk from her.  If she wants to talk like that with her friends, that’s her business.  Teresa wanted to know why I was mad at her but I couldn’t translate what Laura said.  We stopped at the language school and we talked to Marco and explained the situation.  I finally understood that what Laura meant to say was “Oh, S#*%” which wouldn’t have been as bad.

We had lunch at the garage restaurant.  While there a woman stopped at our table and gave the ladies some flyers and business cards to a clinic called Plena.  I understood it probably had something to do with fat removal.  It was just down the street so we stopped there after lunch.  I understood the first appointment is free which Teresa made for 6pm.

Back at the apt I picked up my last month’s receipts for my health insurance and apartment payments and headed to the bank.  I waited in line for 35 minutes before it was my turn.  Even though the teller didn’t speak English I completed the transactions with no problem.

We rested for about 30 minutes and then headed down to the real estate agency.  We showed them my bank receipt and Teresa got me permission to email them my receipts in the future.  We walked back to Plena and after a short wait Teresa went in one of the consultation rooms.  A few minutes later she called me in and Dr. Ivan Salazar introduced himself in English.  He said Teresa may have an umbilical hernia and they want to do further tests to see what course of action should be taken.  I showed him my stomach, he probed it and agreed I have an umbilical hernia and I will need some different tests.  We also talked about my need for a physical – not having one for the last 4 years – and my enlarged prostate problem.  When I mentioned my urologist was a woman he said that they are more qualified than the men because they take it more seriously.  I understood our first appointment was free.

I watched the National Geographic program We Steal Secrets: The Story of Wikileaks using my Slingbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment