Saturday, August 20, 2016

Friday, August 19th, 2016



Teresa was sweeping the floor and she complained that the apartment gets dirty so easily.  This wasn’t the first time I’ve heard that and she also doesn’t like the noise that comes from cars, buses and trucks stopping at the stop sign outside our building.  She wants to move but I told her not until my son and brother have their visit.  She explained that our contract expires next May and we’ll have to give 3 months notice which would be February.  She informed me that the woman that lives upstairs only pays 800,000 a month compared to our 1,450,000 so we could probably find something less expensive.  I said we could start looking for a new apartment next January after I’ve completed my new cedula requirements.  I told her 2 of my requirements are that we not be on the 1st floor (for security reasons) and we not be down in the valley (I’m not going to sweat every time I want to go to the park).  Also, I want to be a reasonable distance from the park.

We left for the health club just after 11:30 so Teresa and Laura could join the noon to 1pm exercise class.  I started my 20 minute run on the treadmill and it just stopped after about 3 minutes.  I changed machines and started over and did my 20 minutes.  Most of the men stopped working out at one point to watch some of the Olympics BMX races.

I understand Teresa couldn’t find anyone for advice on where to take my chess clock for a cleaning.  She called Wilson and I understand he knows someone in Medellin but Teresa couldn’t tell me where he is.

We stopped at a small store on our way back to the apt and there were about 6 people standing around watching Colombia win a gold medal in women’s BMX racing.  They also won a bronze medal in men’s BMX racing.

I picked up a free newspaper near Parque Envigado and I was told the man who won the bronze medal is from Envigado.

I forgot to mention that Thursday night we had a strong windstorm come through for about 30 minutes.

T-shirt of the day: If it feels right, it can’t be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I suggest a visit to http://www.fincaraiz.com.co/apartamentos/arriendo/envigado/ I am using it to check places in Bogotá or Manizales. The good thing about this is that is not geared to foreigners so you can get Colombian prices. There is another one but it seems is down: metrocuadrado.com

    ReplyDelete