Saturday, August 27, 2016

Friday, August 26th, 2016



We had some more rain overnight and now it’s very overcast.

Among new movies opening today I would like to see Mechanic: Resurrection (6.3), Don’t Breathe (8.2), and Blood Father (8.3).
Locally, I would like to see The Shallows (6.7) now playing in Santafé & El Tesoro.  I talked to Teresa and Laura and we may go see it Sunday afternoon.

Teresa had asked me about money to buy meat for lunch.  A couple blocks into our walk to the health club she asked me if I had money to buy meat.  I told her I had only 5,000 pesos because she didn’t remind me nor tell me how much to bring.  At the health club I set the treadmill to speed 6 for 11 minutes.  It immediately started increasing the incline by about 0.2 every 2 seconds until it hit 1.6 and my heartrate went above my requested target of 120 then it backed off the incline until it was soon down to 0.0.  I didn’t have much trouble finishing the 11 minutes.

I saw Oscar and asked him if he knew the names of all the weight machines.  He didn’t but we asked the male trainer that is always walking around and I understood he did.  I told him I’ll bring a little notebook next time and we’ll write down the names and then I can get them translated into English.

Teresa and I left the health club and stopped at the corner for our usual 8oz. cup of fresh fruit to share for 3,000 pesos.  The bottom third is pineapple, the middle third is papaya, the top third is mango and there is a slice of kiwi on top.  Teresa walked me a block away to a butcher shop.  She said she would wait there for me to bring money to buy some meat.  I walked back to the apt and got 50mil and returned to the shop.  I waited with her for them to finish packaging and preparing the meat which cost 34,000 pesos (about $12).  Just as we stepped outside it started raining and got a little heavier as we walked back to the apt.  Three hours later we had a thunderstorm come through but it all stopped by 5pm.  It turned out to be a rare cool evening.

We started watching Black Death (6.4) on Netflix but Teresa didn’t like it so we switched to Ca$h (6.0).

Laura passed her A1 test for English efficiency.  She left about 8pm for an open house for the new Idiomizar school location which just opened in El Poblado.  We often kid her about going out to meet her gringo boyfriend but she replied “no, I don’t have a boyfriend, I want to enjoy my life”.

Teresa and I watched what she proclaimed was the last night of the Pablo Escobar series.  About half way through I asked her if she knew what month it was and she said December.   I asked if she knew the day and she said the 2nd.  I told her I believed her because he died on the 3rd.  They ended tonight’s episode on the morning of the 3rd.  Maybe they are going to drag out the last day hour by hour next week!?

T-shirt of the day: Squeezable, kissable, hugable.

No comments:

Post a Comment