Monday, August 15, 2016

Sunday, August 14th, 2016

Laura left for Guatape at 8:15 in the morning.

We left the apt about 11:30 and it cost 7mil for the taxi to Santafe mall.   Teresa explored the sales in Forever 21 while I read my Nook outside.  At least for about an hour until my battery died.

In Zara Teresa found 5 items for 159,500 (about $55).

Laura called and reported it took 4 hours to get to Guatape.  Remind me never to go there again during a holiday weekend.

We had a late lunch in Parmessano restaurant behind Todo Fresa.  The waitress brought the menus, Teresa talked to the waitress and ordered a pineapple juice and I ordered a mango juice while I was still going through the menu.  I saw lasagna and Caesar salad and then found Light Chicken Thai that sounded interesting.   Then the waitress brought her a plate of salmon and left.  I asked her why she’s already eating her food and I still haven’t ordered; why can’t we both order at the same time?  How would she like it if we went into a restaurant in the US and I ordered something for myself while she was still looking at a menu?  She finally realized I was a little pissed and she called the waitress over.  Teresa talked to her and the waitress took her plate away and finally took my order.  Both of our plates arrived then at the same time.  For dessert we shared a small apple pie with vanilla ice cream from Todo Fresa.  I also had a cup of coffee but it came without cream or milk so it was very strong even after adding sugar.  The total bill, including tip, came to 82,921 (about $28.50).  

I finally found a nice pair of shoes for me at Bosi for 240,000 (about $85).  I also found a webbed belt for 140,000 (about $50) to replace my Fossil belt that was falling apart.

We walked around some more but finally took a taxi for 8mil back to the apt.

Back at the apt Teresa tried on her new clothes and I understand didn’t like anything so it all goes back for exchange.

We left the apt at 6:45 and attended mass until 7:30.  Afterwards Teresa talked briefly with the priest – something to do with her cousin passing away 8 days ago.

Back at the apt it was eerily quiet outside.  Not a single car or truck or people walking.  No noise – it’s like everyone was out of town for this holiday weekend.

Tonight Colombia won a gold medal in women’s Triple Jump.  Earlier Colombia won a gold medal in weight lifting.

T-shirt of the day: I want to live in fantasy land.



No comments:

Post a Comment