Monday, August 29, 2016

Sunday, August 28th, 2016



The Shallows (6.7) is playing at 3:10 today in El Tesoro so I think we’ll go see it after lunch.

I checked my blog notes and found that in the 1st half of 2016 I only noted receiving 2 Chess Life magazines.  I’m going to check their archives to see if there are is anything important I may have missed.

I explained to Laura my computer problem where I haven’t been able to backup my files for the last few months.  I can cut & paste and open a file and do a “save as” but I can’t do a copy & paste.  Laura told me she has an engineer friend who often cleans up her computer and he might be able to help me.

We left the apt at 5pm and quickly caught a taxi to El Tesoro.  This taxi had the old fee sticker on the window.  At the Cinemark theatre I bought 3 VIP tickets for 35,000 pesos each (about $12).  We were about 30 minutes early so Teresa had a hotdog and Coke that she shared with us.  Ten minutes before the scheduled showtime I bought a large popcorn and 2 large sodas for 29,900 (about $10).  The girl serving us asked me something and Laura said she wants to know if I want butter on my popcorn.  Yah Hoo!  Yes, of course!  This is the first time I can remember getting butter on my popcorn here.  Teresa and Laura enjoyed it also.

Our seats were those fancy recliners with trays attached.  The movie, The Shallows, started at 6:15 and was pretty good, starring Blake Lively, an actress with a nice figure.

Afterwards we stopped in Carulla where I printed out 2 schedules for my son’s trip and we picked up some groceries for 45,000 (about $16).  My cash on hand is getting pretty low.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 11,000 pesos.  This taxi had the new fee sticker on his window.

T-shirt of the day: Friday is the worst word in the world.
Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment