Sunday, August 14, 2016

Friday, August 12th, 2016



Among new US movie releases I would like to see Anthropoid (7.8), Operation Chromite (6.9), Edge of Winter (5.2), and Disorder (6.3).
Locally, Jason Bourne and Central Intelligence are playing here.

I completed my weekly workout at the health club.  Did I mention my weight is still 77.5?

After my shower back at the apt I waited 30 minutes to have lunch because I felt so overheated.

I watched more Olympics on Direct TV.

I received an email from the US Embassy in Bogota.  They are going to be here on September 1st from 6-8pm for a Town Hall meeting.  The first location they gave for the Town Hall was San Fernando Plaza, Carrera 43C #150, Local 334.  For the next day’s meeting (American Citizen Services appointments) they gave Carrera 43 (Av El Poblado) #1-50, Local 334.  They are probably the same location.

I made a run to the local Exito.  (I saw a good looking woman on the way, 3 in the grocery store, and one on the way back.  Wow! What a country!)  I picked up a few things for me but didn’t find the nacho chips I wanted or a small notebook for recording my workouts.

For the first time in quite a while Laura was wearing a short dress tonight.  I put Teresa’s mirror on my foot and called Laura to me and then looked down.  Ala, Do Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?  We all had a good laugh over that because Teresa told me young boys here will put a small mirror on their shoe and then ask girls in dresses to come to them.

Teresa surprised me by saying she would like to go back to Olivia’s for pizza – exactly the Italian sausage we had last time we were there.

We left about 7pm and it was about a 14-15 block walk to Pizzeria Olivia at Calle 30 Sur #43A-47.  On the way we stopped at Wafflera and I found out that a belgium waffle with choice of 2 fruits, choice of sauce (maple syrup), ice cream, and optional whipped cream costs about 9,000 pesos (about $3).  I also learned they are only open Friday-Sunday from 1pm to 10pm.  Next door we stopped at Enjoy Nutrition where Teresa bought a 32oz jar of almonds for 60mil (about $20).  I also noticed they have large bags of protein pancake mix that you just add butter, water, and an egg to.

While we had a 5 minute wait at the restaurant we quickly checked out other restaurants in the area – Ay Caramba (Mexican), El Barrel (tapas & parella (Spanish)), Italian, a yogurt shop, Barbacoa (burgers and ribs), and a couple others.

We ordered the Salsiccia Italiana (mozzarella cheese, dried tomatoes, and Italian sausage).  We ordered it with extra cheese and another one to take back to Laura.  One of their pizzas is the perfect size for 2 people.  Teresa had a fresh mango juice and I had a 350ml Coke with a glass of water.  For dessert we shared a hot brownie with vanilla ice cream.  The total bill with a 10% tip was 71,128COP (about $24).

Back at the apt I watched more Olympics.

About 9pm it started raining lightly.

T-shirt of the day: Black shirt.  Black pants. Black boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment