Thursday, August 25, 2016

Wednesday, August 24th, 2016



It was a very overcast morning.

At the health club I pretty easily got to use the busiest machines because there was a women’s exercise class going on.

On the treadmill I tried to set it to 8 minutes at speed 6 but 10 minutes is the minimum that can be entered.  I did 10 minutes at speed 6 without much problem.  I did notice it went up to an incline of 0.2 for a minute but that was all.  I guess that confirms that Monday’s machine was broken.  I think I’ll increase the time a minute each session until I get up to 20 minutes (or exhaust myself).

I left the apt at 1:05 and right away caught a bus to the metro.  I bought a new 10 ride ticket for about 13,500.  Just before we arrived at Hospital station I noticed some raindrops on the window.  When I got off it was raining lightly but didn’t get any heavier by the time I got to Dario’s store.  We played 3 games, I won 1 and lost 2.  Sometimes I can’t believe the stupid moves I make against him.

I told him that the next 2 Wednesdays my son will be visiting so we can continue in 3 weeks and I’ll call before to remind him.

I left at 4pm and it was still raining lightly.

After a couple metro stops I got a seat on the train.

I stopped in Exito and picked up a pineapple and some hamburger meat.  I saw a peanut donut that didn’t look like it was a yeast donut.  I bought it and it was a cake donut but tasted much different (not as good) than what I’ve had in the US.

I walked up the hill returning to the apt by 5:15.

Teresa and I started watching Starred Up (7.4) on Netflix.

We stopped to continue the Pablo Escobar series which still hasn’t ended.

T-shirt of the day: Genuine hawg parts.

2 comments: