Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Monday, August 29th, 2016



At the health club I did 12 minutes on the treadmill at speed 6.   I also had their instructor write down the names of the machines that I use so I can record the weight I use with each.

At 3pm Martha, who lives in her mother’s building, showed up.  She drove us to the office where she and I guess her daughter got some type of skin treatment.  At one point a man came out and gave me a cup of grape juice and an individually wrapped cookie.  It must have been very healthy because it was almost tasteless.  Teresa brought out a slice of carrot cake and I just took a corner of it because I didn’t expect much.   At 5:15 they finished and drove me to the barbershop where I got a haircut for 8,000 pesos.  This time I controlled how much the guy took off my beard, mustache and hair.

We were back at the apt by 6:15.

Finally, tonight was the final episode in the hunting down and killing of Pablo Escobar on December 3rd, 1993.

I received an email from my son.  Apparently, we don’t have to go to the airport to meet him because the hostel has a shuttle he can use.  We’ll meet him there later in the afternoon.  More good news is that we may not have to go to the airport to meet his other friends when they arrive.

T-shirt of the day: Money doesn’t buy happiness but it does buy vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment