Sunday, February 11, 2018

Friday, February 9, 2018


My son turned 31 today.  Happy birthday Jim! 

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The 15:17 to Paris (5.7).

Locally, I would like to see The 15:17 to Paris (5.7) playing at 2:10 at Mayorca and 3 Billboards (8.3) playing at 1:55 at Mayorca.  Maybe tomorrow!

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I saw Jose there and informed him that I successfully completed my account membership with Cine Colombia.  I talked to Laura and because she’ll be out late tonight and most likely sleep in tomorrow, she wants to go to the movies on Sunday.  I said “probably no problem”.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.

I bought a Q’Hubo newspaper for Chuck but couldn’t find a free Gente newspaper.  Next time I find one I’m going to have to do a better job of finding out where they are delivered.

Teresa informed me that we have almost no food left but doesn’t want to make a trip to Mayorista because while my brother is here we’ll mostly be eating out.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Walking Dead.  I’m now in season 7 and I’m finally seeing episodes I haven’t seen before.
For dinner we had Friburitos from Frisby.  Esmeralda arrived about 9pm and we left the apt at 9:30.  I thought the plan was to go to Avenida 70 but we walked to the park where we met their friend Emilse outside the church.  I understand they hadn’t seen each other for something like 20 or 30 years.

Laura led us across the street (south), past the small cafes, down a block to Melodias de Antoño (Melodies of Anthony).  There was a party of about a dozen sitting outside and just inside we put 2 small tables together for the 5 of us.  Laura did stuff on her cell phone and the 3 ladies talked to each other while I sat there like a bump on a log.  Laura and I had rum and Coke and Teresa had rum and water and the others beer.  After about an hour I informed Teresa I was going back to the apt for my cell phone.  When I returned about 25 minutes later I was a little surprised to see I was able to get wifi from Digital Envigado.  I then noticed that my wifi connection ended at exactly 11pm.  I went to the bar and the muchacho working there entered the password for their wifi network.

Besides reading more recent news articles as I often do I downloaded a chess playing program and played a few games.

I was peer pressured into dancing with Emilse who proclaimed to everyone that I could dance (barely).  Teresa than insisted on dancing with me but Emilse was better able to follow my moves.  Lol.

About 12:30 the ladies paid the bill and we walked back through the park to the apt.  About 100 yards away from the apartment I understood they wanted to go to some place in Itagui for more dancing and drinking.  (Teresa was already close to being drunk.)  They earlier talked about staying out until 4 or 5am but I didn’t know if they were kidding or not.  I refused to go with them and they left as I went back to the apt.

I took my melatonin, got ready for bed, took my sleeping pills and was quickly asleep.  I was happy that the Coke or all the time I spent looking at the screen on my cell phone didn’t prevent me from falling asleep.

T-shirt of the day: Can’t coach speed.



No comments:

Post a Comment