Saturday, February 3, 2018

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Last night I slept pretty well despite getting up several times during the night.

We left the apt at 9am and were at Pricesmart by 9:20 for 12,000 pesos.  I figured either Teresa would take one look at the place and want to leave or she would be hooked and we would spend hours there.  It turned out to be closer to the latter.

Some of the things we bought were (my selections identified by an asterisk): sport bras for Teresa and Laura, bath towels, kitchen towels, pillows, English muffins*, tortilla chips, protein bars, egg rolls, cocktail peanuts, deviled ham, eggs, Charmin toilet paper*, Vlasic dill chips*, Fab laundry detergent, Planters crunchy peanut butter*, a small jug of Canadian maple syrup*, Kellogg’s Raisin Bran*, nacho sauce, and Ritz crackers.  Almost all of these things were either in large sizes or came in multiple quantities.  Other things I noticed but I didn’t buy were post-it notes, Glade air freshener, Cheez Whiz, bagels, Stove top dressing (chicken), pork n beans, Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies, Centrum Silver +50, and a 32 pack of Act II popcorn (I’ll probably purchase that at the start of the next NFL season.).  Last time I was here (Tuesday) I saw Crest toothpaste but today it wasn’t to be seen.  I really wanted to buy a carrot cake but Teresa told me we have enough sweets that she brought from San Andres.

Walking down one aisle I heard English and saw 2 gringos (father & grandfather?) with a Colombiana.  I asked where they were from and the guy who has lived here a year is from Chicago and is now in Poblado.  The older man is from NY and was just visiting.  
While I was talking to them Teresa was talking to the Colombiana.
After we filled our cart Teresa was starving (she skipped breakfast) so we went into their small food court and shared a dozen barbecue chicken wings with a couple sodas.

When we got our carts back in line I again heard some English and asked a lady where she was from – Florida.

By this time the lines were getting a little long.  What I didn’t like is that they don’t pack your things.  We had to get a couple large boxes and assemble and tape them to put our things in.  Downstairs we only had to wait 5 minutes for a taxi.  I was pleasantly surprised that one of the boxes fit in the trunk and the other in the front seat.
Back at the apt the driver carried the large boxes up to the apt and I gave him 20mil for our 12mil fare.

I think next time we’ll be picking up fewer things.

I tried the sweets that Teresa brought from San Andres but I wasn’t impressed.

I went to Bancolombia and after a short wait I paid for February’s health insurance and apartment rental.  I took photos of my receipts and then emailed them to the proper addresses.  Then I realized that I sent January’s payments because they were made on 1/2/2018 and here that means February 1st but they were made on January 2nd.  The receipts I get here from Bancolombia are USA date format so I had to resend again those dated as 2/1/2018.

Teresa talked to Esmeralda and I understand next time we go to Pricesmart Esmeralda will take and pay for half of some of the things we pick up.

For “dinner” Teresa heated up some egg rolls and I had some of those along with an English muffin with strawberry preserves.


T-shirt of the day: Aloha love.

No comments:

Post a Comment