Sunday, February 4, 2018

Saturday, February 3, 2018

I slept well, finally getting up at 8:30.

After a breakfast of French toast I first made a trip to Tienda D1 for a mild laundry detergent.  (My Urologist thought I might have gotten my rash from harsh laundry detergent.)  Luckily, we have a Tienda D1 on the other side of the block.

I wore my new Sketcher (sp?) shoes but they felt a little large and more work to walk in perhaps because they have so much cushioning.  (Later Teresa had the good idea to change the shoelaces from static to dynamic.)

I took a bus to Poblado and got off at Calle 7 and walked up to Clinica Medellin.  Inside I asked the guard if they have a public washroom.  From the words I understood they have one on every floor but you have to get the key from the office you are visiting.  I took an elevator up to the 7th floor and the restroom door was ajar and was obviously being cleaned so I took the stairs down to the 6th floor and even though the door was closed it wasn’t locked and I went in.  (Mainly I just wanted to know where I could go in an emergency.)

I walked over to Envios Market where I picked up another 1099 – this one from Social Security.  I also paid 12mil for over weight charges from last month and another 39,000 pesos for February’s rental.  I finally got receipts for January and February.

I quickly caught a bus to Starbucks where I had another free small White Mocca and read my paperback book for about an hour.  I had to wait about 10 minutes for a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,838 to the US Dollar.

I played some Mario Brothers on my Nintendo but still couldn’t make any progress.  Another sign I’m losing it.

I peeled one of the oranges I bought yesterday at Exito and showed Teresa how to eat it (you don’t make it into juice you just pop sections into your mouth).  She thought it was delicious!  I told her I think this type of orange is from California.

I finished the paperback Takedown by Brad Thor.  Monday I’ll exchange it for another at the bookstore.


For supper I ate some of Teresa’s tasteless (no salt) tortilla chips (from Pricesmart) which were much better with the La Preferida medium picante salsa I bought at Exito the other day.

Laura wanted to watch the series Revenge (7.9) on Netflix so I hooked up the HDMI cable and we watched the first 2 episodes.  I didn’t care for it; to me it just seemed like a soap opera.

Laura left the apt at 10pm to meet with friends in the park.

Teresa asked me if Laura went out while she was in San Andres.  I said no then Teresa told me that last Saturday Laura waited until I was asleep and then snuck out of the apartment and returned before I woke up.  Interesting!

As usual I went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Damn I’m good.

No comments:

Post a Comment