Thursday, February 1, 2018

Monday, January 29, 2018

I slept through the night, waking up at 5am.  At 6am I decided to get up.  I left the apt at 7am, picked up a free adn newspaper and had breakfast at Carbon de Leña.

I stopped at Bancolombia where I deposited 400mil into Esmeralda’s account.

Back at the apt I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I did all my exercises in an hour and 30 minutes.

Laura and I left the apt at 1pm and headed down to Deli Hoy.  (On the way I realized I forgot my debit card so I wouldn’t be able to stop at Home Center later.)  The restaurant was open again and we had a nice lunch for 11mil each.  I told her I was going to Immigration to pick up my Cedula (even though it isn’t on their list that hasn’t been updated since January 2nd) but she wouldn’t be allowed inside so maybe she wouldn’t want to come.  She asked if we could stop at the Colombian Embassy after and I said sure. 

We walked over to the metro, took the train to Aguacatala station, walked across the street and caught a Circular Sur 303 bus to the Belen Library.  We walked the last 3 blocks to Immigration.  As I expected only I was allowed inside.  I walked to the back, showed a guy my old Cedula, he opened the safe and gave me my new Cedula, I signed for it and I was done.

I stopped outside the only restroom where I found the door locked.  I waited a couple minutes and then knocked on the door asking if anyone was inside.  I didn’t hear anything.  A couple minutes later I asked the young lady working across the aisle if I need a key to get in and she just said it’s occupied.  A few minutes later she got up and came over with a key, knocked on the door, got no response and opened it for me.

Outside Laura said that was fast.  I told her it took me 1 minute to get my Cedula and 5 minutes to get into the restroom.

We walked down to Avenida 80 where we quickly caught a taxi.  Laura had him drop us off at the old train station on Calle 44.  We walked to a building behind where we went inside and Laura quickly received her Colombian passport.

We took a taxi back to Envigado.

For dinner I finished one of the two leftover ribs from Mu with a can of Dr. Pepper.

Teresa called and thanked me for sending them the additional cash.

I received 2 emails from Envios Market that I have a package and envelope waiting for pickup.

I was tired and went to bed at 10pm.


T-shirt of the day: When you’re next to me.

2 comments:

  1. It seems you need a Cédula every year, why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because they expire after 1 year. However, things changed on December 15, 2017, just after i renewed mine. I think the new Cedulas will be good for 3 years but i won't know for sure until next year.

    ReplyDelete