Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Tuesday, February 27, 2018


Again, I woke up about 4 or 5am and had difficulty falling back asleep.

I left the apt at 8:45 and arrived at the chess league by 9:45.  Jose was already there waiting for me.  He showed me a game that he lost in a recent tournament.  We played two games and he won the first and I the second.  Towards the end of the second game he received a call from his wife Maria.  They had ordered a stove/range to be delivered to their new apartment.  Maria said it was a gas stove and she wanted electric so Jose would have to go back to the old apt for the purchase receipt.  We walked together as far as the Stadium Station.  I paid 800 pesos to use their clean restroom (no toilet seats but luckily I didn’t need to use one).

It was 12:30 so I took the metro to the Industriales Station and had lunch at Mercado de Rio.  I had the ribs and a Pepsi from Piara.  I took the metro back to the Envigado station and stopped on the bridge to buy a kilo (2.2 pounds) of strawberries for 12mil (about $4).

Back at the apt Teresa informed me that it appears that the sale (trade) of the finca appears to be a go.  I understand the apt in Itagui is a nice one with 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms.  It’s supposed to be nicer than Veronica’s, whoever that is.

I called World Remit and after a 30 minute wait to speak to someone, and 45 minutes of help from a rep named Amy I managed to setup an account and send myself $100 (283,449 COP).  I hope to be able to pick it up tomorrow.

T-shirt of the day: I run to be fierce.



No comments:

Post a Comment