Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Saturday, February 24, 2018


I was awakened by a guy with a leaf blower at 7:15 in the morning.  Sigh!

I left the apt at 10:50 and quickly caught a bus downtown Envigado.  Traffic was very slow and I didn’t get to the hotel until 11:50.

The taxi driver was waiting for us with a new Kia.  We stopped at an overlook and took a few photos.  On the way to the airport he informed us that by next December they are supposed to have finished a tunnel to the airport that should reduce the trip from 45 minutes to 20 minutes.

Jim and Joan checked in their bags, bought a few souvenirs, and then joined me at J & C Delicious where I had their penne pasta.
I said goodbye to them at the gate about 70 minutes before takeoff.  Jim hopes to return next year for 2-3 weeks.  I quickly was on a bus that dropped me off at San Diego mall for 9,500 pesos.  I walked to the other side of the mall, crossed the street and soon was on a Sabaneta bus.  Unfortunately, I didn’t pay attention to the sign on the windshield as it went down Avenida Las Vegas instead of Avenida Poblado.  I got off a block before Exito and stopped inside where I bought some cheddar cheese slices and a loaf of bread.
But then I had to walk up the hill to the apartment.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Game Night (7.6), Annihilation (8.1), and Everyday (6.1) sounds interesting, although it might be more for Laura.

Locally, they haven’t updated their online website with showtimes.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,843 to the US Dollar.
I watched a few more episodes of The Walking Dead.

Teresa returned about 6pm and informed me that the man that saw the finca today is very interested in it.  A little later she told me that he has an apartment in Itagui that he would like to trade for the finca.  I understand she’s going back to show it to him again tomorrow.

T-shirt of the day: I always wanted a wife who would keep cold beer in the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment