Monday, February 26, 2018

Thursday, February 22, 2018


I woke up to a very cool morning, in fact my cellphone predicted a high of only 74 degrees for today.  Unbelievable! 

My brother emailed me that Medellin’s most popular soccer team, Atletico Nacional, was having breakfast at their hotel.  (They play America from Cali tonight at 7:05pm.)  Because of that his breakfast was delayed as they had to be fed first.

I finished my last English muffin this morning.

I left the apt at 10:30, took the metro to Parque Berrio and walked over to El Labaratorio outside the Museo de Antioquia.  I tried an expresso that I didn’t enjoy at all so I ordered a latte.  I talked for a while with a couple of German girls who had just arrived and were shocked by the cold weather.  I told them that today is very atypical – probably would end up being the coldest day of the year.  I think they are going to Guatape tomorrow.

Jim and Joan arrived about 30 minutes after I arrived.  Again we had a little rain so we haven’t been very lucky weather wise with our trips to the museum.  Joan bought a Botero print with a cylindrical mailing tube for about 20mil.

The rain finally stopped and we walked down Carabobo where Jim took video of the gold colored statue guy who will dance if you put coins in his box.

The weather starting clearing and warming up a little so we took a taxi back to their hotel so Joan could use the pool.  Jim and I walked to Envios Market where I picked up my first copy of Reader’s Digest (February) and another 1099R.

We walked a block down to El Graspo de Uva where we had a salad and pizza.  We talked to the owner and Jim showed him a copy of Pizza Today magazine and he skimmed through it from cover to cover.

We said goodbye and I quickly caught a bus back to Envigado.  There was no line inside Exito so I picked up a pint of vanilla ice cream for Teresa to eat with one of the pastry rolls she brought back from San Andres.

Outside I ran into Laura on her way to see 50 Shades of Gray with her girlfriend.  (She asked me if I put money into her account – I said no – so she assumed this was payment for work she did last December.)

I watched a couple more episodes of The Walking Dead while Teresa went to visit her mom. 

T-shirt of the day: Irish ish.



No comments:

Post a Comment