Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tuesday, February 6, 2018


I slept pretty well despite getting up several times during the night.  I finally woke/got up at 7:30.

I left the apt at 8:50, quickly caught a bus outside and listened to oldies on my Apple iPod on the way.  At the Aguacatala Station 5 gringos got on my car but it was too crowded and they were too far away for me to have a conversation with.  I thought they were all together but 3 of them got off at the Alpujarra Station.  As I got off at San Antonio I wished the gringo a good day.  I asked where he was from and he said Minneapolis.  As I walked out of the car I said “great superbowl this year” over my shoulder.  I arrived at the chess league at 9:50 and found Jose waiting for me.

We played 2 games and I won them both.  At my suggestion we walked over to Obelisco mall for lunch.  At Q’Bano (hot sandwiches) I had a personal sized BBQ rib sandwich (no fries) with a large Coke and he had a sandwich combo for a total of 36,000 pesos ($12.50).

Back at the chess league we played 2 more games and he won both.  At one point I excused myself to go to the restroom.  Skip the next paragraph if you’re easily offended by bathroom discussions.

In the chess league restroom I found 2 of the 3 stalls with “out of order” signs on their doors.  In the 3rd stall there was no toilet seat (as expected).  Luckily, I quickly did my business.  There was also no toilet paper (as expected) but I had a travel pack with me.  I flushed the toilet and the water power was so weak it didn’t go down.  I reported to the chess league secretary that there was a problem with the toilet.

Jose walked me to the metro station and I retraced my steps back to Envigado.

I made a withdrawal at an ATM, paid the Direct TV bill at $efecty, and made a deposit at Bancolombia for the gym.

I was back at the apt just after 5pm and found MT was visiting.  
She looks like she’s doing pretty well but still eats like a bird.

Teresa informed me that the guy she showed the finca to is interested in renting it so she’s going to return with him tomorrow to show it to his mother-in-law.  Teresa says she’ll probably leave the apt about 10:30.

My plan for tomorrow is to go to the gym early, have lunch early, and then be at Vizcaya for the 2:10 movie.  I received an email from Jose about meeting me for the movie and I told him to meet me at Vizcaya at 2pm.

Teresa tells me that a girlfriend from years ago is visiting from Hollandia (sp?) and they want to get together Saturday night at some bar on Avenida 70.  I told her I would go with them for the first few hours but I’m not staying out until 3 or 4 in the morning. 
I’ll take a taxi back to the apt.

T-shirt of the day: Not running sucks.



1 comment:

  1. Tuesday is the day in colombia and flowers makes it so great and nice xx thanks for sharing
    Send Flowers To Colombia

    ReplyDelete