Thursday, February 1, 2018

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I felt I slept well despite getting up several times during the night, finally waking at 7am and getting up at 8am.

I ate a bowl of cereal and at 9am headed for the bus stop.  I was early enough that I got a free adn newspaper.  In the newspaper were articles about:
·       174 cars are fined daily for bad parking (and there was a photo of a worker putting a boot on a car).
·       They are starting Metro Plus construction on Calle 12 south (it sounds like it’s going to run east/west next to the liquor factory by Aguacatala Station).
·       Not sleeping helps detect Alzheimers.

I got off at Envios Market.  Nobraskja wasn’t there but her daughter was (maybe she was being trained for this job) gave me my package and envelope.  I walked outside and quickly caught a bus to Starbucks.  Inside I ordered a free (using the coupon Jose gave me) white mocca with whipped cream and a cinnamon roll.  I got a seat outside and opened my envelope which was a 1099R for one of my pensions.  The package was the American Chess Magazine I ordered and it came with another 2018 Annual Buying Guide.  The white mocca was good but next time I’ll ask for it to be hotter.
Across the street I soon was on a bus back to Envigado.

Laura and I left the apt at 1:15 and had a nice pasta lunch at Deli Hoy.  I asked her if she would go with me to Home Center.  When I told her I wanted to buy a heated shower head she convinced me to wait until Teresa returned or she would be mad at me.  Also, she could help me choose the correct type.

She stayed at the restaurant to talk to a girl friend in the next room then she was going to visit grandma.  I walked up the hill and took a photo of the cultural center – Miguel Uribe Restrepo Casa de la Cultura.  A security guard seat inside motioned me in.  We talked for a minute and then he invited me to look around.  I took a photo of an interesting mural inside:
INSERT PHOTO HERE

I’m not sure why this building is so famous and there didn’t appear to be anything going on although I recall reading that they show American movies here twice a month.

I continued on to the bakery where I bought a blueberry muffin and then continued on to Bartolos where I had my choice of tables.  I ate the muffin with a cafĂ© con leche and read some from my book.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Walking Dead on Direct TV.

We had a beautiful full moon that started in the NE and then went up high to the north.

I went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Think twice before you fall in love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment