Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunday, February 11, 2018


I slept well and only got up once during the night, finally waking at 8am and getting up at 9am.

Teresa made pancakes for breakfast and I tried my new Canadian maple syrup.  It has quite a different taste from the Aunt Jemima I’m used to.

I left the apt at 1pm (just as Laura was getting up), walked to the corner and immediately caught a taxi to Mayorca CC.  Instead of taking all the escalators I took the nearest elevator and it let me off on the 4th floor right across from the theater.

There was no line and I quickly purchased my general seating ticket.  I had time to wait so I went upstairs where the screens are and read my Nook for a few minutes.  In the time I was waiting I saw the concession counter go from no line to 2 longish lines as we got closer to the 2pm start time for at least 3 screens that I knew of.  Five minutes to my showtime I made a trip to the restroom and then headed back downstairs to the box office where I bought a medium popcorn and large soda for 16,500 (almost $6).  Back upstairs I arrived at my seat as a short was being shown.

The movie – 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri – was very good with several plot twists.  There were about a dozen others in the theater with me.  As I exited the theater I observed long lines for the later afternoon showings.

I didn’t feel hungry so I decided to skip lunch and just took a taxi back to the apt for 8mil. 

Teresa informed me that Dario called asking if I wanted to play chess again.  She wasn’t sure if he called yesterday or Friday.  I no longer have his phone number in my old (now Teresa’s) cellphone so I had to check my computer files.  Hopefully his number hasn’t changed.  I had Teresa call but there was no answer.

My brother called and we made some plans for his arrival this Wednesday.

Wow!  I got a reply to my blog from a 27-year old woman from the Philippines who plans to move here in May.  I sent her a copy of my Tips for visiting Medellin.

Teresa informed me that she has to make another trip to the finca tomorrow and Laura is going with her.  Hmmm, maybe I can fit in a movie between the times she leaves and returns.

T-shirt of the day: F**Kin’ problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment