Saturday, March 28, 2020

Friday, March 27, 2020




My 11th day of self-isolation.


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 3:30, got up at 4:30 and took half a Zopiclona.  Eventually fell back asleep waking/ getting up at 8:30.


A couple of my blog readers took exception to my Trump coronavirus posting but had no corrections to suggest.


At 11:10 I went to take a nap and at noon Teresa got me up because the pope was making a blessing for the world.  Interestingly, Direct TV cut off the broadcast just before 1pm (leaving just enough time for a commercial).


Streets are deserted; sidewalks are deserted.  Later in the afternoon I saw a few cars parked at Exito.


From what I’ve read Alabama and Mississippi, at least at the state level, aren’t quarantining so I wouldn’t be surprised if they get hit hardest next.


The following is from the Medellin Herald:

Colombia President Ivan Duque announced March 25 that certain measures designed to contain the spread of Coronovirus will continue past the presumptive expiration of the national quarantine on April 13.

The announcement came on the heels of a March 25 bulletin from the Ministry of Health indicating that confirmed Coronavirus cases rose to 470 nationally, led by Bogota (170), Cali/Valle del Cauca (71) and Medellin/Antioquia (59). So far, eight persons have recovered from the disease.

According to the Ministry, four persons have died to date from complications related to Coronavirus, including a taxi driver in Cartagena who had mingled with infected Italian tourists; a 70-year-old woman in Cali exposed to the virus by a daughter who returned from a trip to Cuba; an 88-year-old man in Santa Marta who frequently interacted with tourists; and a 76-year-old man in Bogotá.

Meanwhile, between now and April 13, “we will evaluate the behavior of the pandemic curve and then make decisions on the measures and restrictions adopted,” President Duque said.

Government and private-sector management of the Coronavirus pandemic “does not end with quarantine,” he added.

“In that I want to be clear, so that we have managed expectations. It's not that on April 13 we will all be able to go outside, go to a concert, then go to a bar to celebrate. No. The controls will continue.

“On April 20, we will define whether children and young people can return to universities and schools, or whether they should remain in virtual [online] classes.”

As for social-distancing measures, Duque stated that “we will have to deepen them and strengthen hygiene measures.” Special isolation of people over 70 years of age, “which is the sector most vulnerable to attacks by this virus,” will continue until at least May 30.

Colombia has 539 cases.


Victoria from Envios Market finally answered my email question about if hospitals might need my N94 facemasks “Sorry I think not yet but probably later.”


I wonder how long it will be before one US state closes its borders to another – or county or city.


Fox Business Network announced it has officially “parted ways” with anchor Trish Regan following her controversial rant against what she called the ‘coronavirus impeachment scam’ earlier this month.


My daughter in Chicago texted me that someone in her building has tested positive.


Spain had 769 deaths in 24 hours.


On the evening news I caught the following statistics regarding the age ranges for Colombia’s coronavirus cases:

Minors under 20: 21

20-40 years of age: 236

40-60 years of age: 191

Older than 60: 91.


Antioquia has 60 cases.


Joke of the day

Two delicate blossoms of Southern femininity were conversing on the porch of a large white-pillared mansion.

The first woman said, "When my first child was born, my husband built this beautiful mansion for me."

The second woman commented, "Well, isn't that nice?"

The first woman continued, "When my second child was born, my husband bought me that fine Cadillac automobile you see parked in the drive."

Again, the second woman commented, "Well, isn't that nice?"

The first woman boasted, "Then when my third child was born, my husband bought me this exquisite diamond bracelet."

Yet again, the second woman commented, "Well, isn't that nice?"

The first woman then asked her companion, "What did your husband buy for you when you had your first child?"

The second woman replied, "My husband sent me to charm school."

"Charm school!" the first woman cried. "Land sakes, child, what on Earth for?"

"So that instead of saying, 'Who gives a crap,' I learned to say, 'Well, isn't that nice?'"

2 comments:

  1. Terry, I thought you might enjoy this You tube video since you like Queen's music and are in a CV lock down. https://youtu.be/K0HLUa4zTXQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that. I copied the URL and sent it to friends and family via WhatsApp.

    ReplyDelete