Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Tuesday, March 10, 2020




Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up once at 4:45, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 5:45.


I left the apt at 8am and took the metro bus and metro to the stadium.  Jose arrived about 5 minutes later and gifted me with a slice of carrot cake from Maria.  We checked the bulleting board but there was no posting for a March 20-23 chess tournament and Jose talked to the secretary and she didn’t know anything about it.


I had Black in the first game and he should have checkmated me but missed the correct continuation and he ended up resigning on the 47th move.


We walked to the Obispo mall for lunch and the Tropical restaurant is now the Providencia but I got the same menu of the day for 11mil.


Back at the chess league I had the White pieces and pretty much had the advantage the entire game and he resigned on the 40th move one move before he would have been checkmated.  (During the game I texted Alejandro and he’s interested in taking my old laptop.  Dario stopped by in the last minutes of the game but I barely had time to say hello.)


It was just after 4pm as we walked to the metro station and said goodbye.


I arrived back at the apt about 5pm.


Juan, my Spanish tutor, informed me that he will be under pico y placa tomorrow so he won’t be available until 3pm as he’ll have to take public transportation.  I told him no problem.


We had a steady rain through most of the evening.  We had chicken wings from Go Wings for dinner.


I finished reading Nicholas Sparks’ Safe Haven.  I started reading Charles McCarry’s The Better Angels but after 10 pages I just could’t get into it.


7,055 steps today.


Joke of the day

A blonde had just totaled her car in a horrific accident.

Miraculously, she managed to pry herself from the wreckage without a scratch and was applying fresh lipstick when the state trooper arrived.

“My God!” the trooper gasped. “Your car looks like an accordion that was stomped on by an elephant. Are you OK ma’am?”

“Yes, officer, I’m just fine.” the blonde chirped.

“Well, how in the world did this happen?” the officer asked as he surveyed the wrecked car.

“Officer, it was the strangest thing!” the blonde began. I was driving along this road when from out of nowhere this TREE pops up in front of me. So I swerved to the right, and there was another tree! I swerved to the left and there was ANOTHER tree! I served to the right and there was another tree! I swerved to the left and there was…”

“Uh, ma’am?”, the officer said, cutting her off. 

“There isn’t a tree on this road for 30 miles - that was your air freshener swinging back and forth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment