Friday, March 27, 2020

Thursday, March 26, 2020




Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night (shouldn’t have had soup for dinner at 9pm), was awakened at 4:30 by Teresa’s snoring.  Changing my position only quieted her for a few minutes.  I finally got up and turned on the fan and she stopped snoring but I still couldn’t get back to sleep.  I gave up at 7:15 and took an Excedrin Migraine for my sleepless headache.  I’m sure I’ll be taking a nap later.


This morning I have a runny nose.  If its just a cold I can handle that.


I tried taking a nap from about 10:30 to 12:15 but I don’t think I slept at all, only rested.


We got some rain starting about 3:30 but it didn’t last long.


I contacted Juan to see if he had any advice as to where I could donate my box of N95 facemasks.  He recommended not to go to a hospital in Poblado as it’s such a rich area – maybe a hospital downtown.  Now all I have to do is figure out a way to get them there.


For some reason about 7:15 police closed off the north end of the street and there was some kind of an announcement using a bullhorn.  Five minutes later neighbors applauded again.


On the evening news I caught the following statistics regarding the age ranges for Colombia’s 491 coronavirus cases:

Minors under 20: 21

20-40 years of age: 212

40-60 years of age: 178

Older than 60: 80.


Today the US passed China with the most coronavirus cases with 83,329.  Thankfully, the US has had a lot fewer deaths with 1,222.


Btw, I’m still updating the Trump coronavirus Timeline.


Joke of the day

A man lies on his deathbed, surrounded by his family: a weeping wife and four children.

Three of the children are tall, good-looking and athletic, but the fourth and youngest is an ugly runt.

"Darling wife," the husband whispers, "assure me that the youngest child really is mine. I want to know the truth before I die, I will forgive you if-"

The wife gently interrupts him. "Yes, my dearest, absolutely, no question, I swear on my mother's grave that you are his father."

The man then dies, happy. The wife mutters under her breath: "Thank God he didn't ask about the other three."

No comments:

Post a Comment