Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Tuesday, March 3, 2020


Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once during the night, woke up again when we had a shower that only lasted a few minutes, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.



According to the morning TV news, Michael Douglas arrived in Medellin.  They showed a closeup of him with the cable cars in the background.  Hmmm, the cable cars are supposed to be closed on Mondays for maintenance so I wonder when the photo was taken.


I left the apt at 8am and arrived at Habia Una Vez by 8:15.  Jose arrived a few minutes after I had ordered my breakfast.  He had breakfast also for a change then I had a 2nd small coffee while waiting for him to finish.  At 9am we went upstairs and he won the first game with the Black pieces.  He told me he is having dental surgery tomorrow so he can only eat bland foods today.  I had my usual BBQ chicken nuggets and he just had a cup of coffee.  He won the 2nd game with the White pieces.  He told me I played better when I was taking lessons from Juan Carlos.


He left and I wandered the 2nd and 3rd floors looking for a new mouse and mouse pad for my notebook.  I went down to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche while checking the news on my phone.  I went into Exito where I found a Maxell mouse for 32,900 (about $10).  I also picked up croutons and paper towels that Teresa requested.


I walked back to the apt and dropped off my things then went to Parva where I bought a loaf of sano bread, a pastel de guayaba for Teresa and I had a café con leche while I solved a set of chess puzzles.


I opened the package for the mouse and the USB nano receptor was missing plus I couldn’t find the storage location for it they said was in the back.  Now I have to worry/bother about returning it.


Teresa sat me down for a serious discussion.  It turns out her friend Beatriz from Calle 50 has mouth cancer.  Her sister Olga and cousin will be/are visiting from the States.  The cousin says that Ana Maria and Olga can’t stay in the apartment.  Olga will be flying back to Miami next Tuesday but Ana Maria needs a place to stay, perhaps for the next 2-3 months.  After some questions I agreed to let them stay in our extra bedrooms, Olga for a week and Ana Maria for 2-3 months.


A couple hours later Teresa appears to have changed her mind; for some reason she no longer wants to allow them to stay here.   Go figure!


I watched the Super Tuesday results from 7:30 until about 8:30 when I got a low battery alert.  Joe Biden was projected the winner of 4 of the first 5 small states.


8,456 steps today.

Joke of the day

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent, but had not phoned in.

Needing to have an urgent work problem resolved, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted by a child's whispered, "Hello."

"Is your Daddy home?" he asked.

"Yes," whispered the small voice.

"May I talk with him?"

The child whispered, "No."

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?"

"Yes."

"May I talk with her?"

Again the small voice whispered, "No."

Hoping there was someone with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, "Is anyone else there?"

"Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman."

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"

"No, he's busy," whispered the child.

"Busy doing what?"

"Talking to Mommy and Daddy and the Fireman," came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, "What is that noise?"

"A helicopter," answered the whispering voice.

"What is going on there?" demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.

Again, whispering, the child answered, "The search team just landed a helicopter."

Alarmed, confused, and a little frustrated, the boss asked, "What are they searching for?"

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle..."Me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment