Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Monday, March 9, 2020




Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up once during the night, was awakened at 6am by a small yapping dog so I got up and closed the window but turned on the fan, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.


I heard on the news that Colombia now has 3 cases of the Corona Virus.  This is how it starts.


I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show but afterward my back didn’t feel significantly better so I skipped gym this morning.  Teresa left for her gym class.


Teresa called me around noon and informed me she was “on hold” at the nail salon so I should have lunch by myself on the street.


I left the apt at 1pm, walked to the mall, and bought a jar of special calcium pills for Teresa at the pharmacy outside Exito.  I went up to the food court and had Frisby’s BBQ Picanugys that I usually order with Jose on Tuesdays.  I bought a couple more bottles of correction fluid for 4mil at Dollar City then went downstairs to Todo Fresa for coffee.  I worked on another set of chess puzzles for an hour then stopped at Exito on the way back to the apt for milk.


I checked Netflix to see if it carried the movie adaptation of the book I’m currently reading and they do although we’ve probably already seen it as it’s a Hallmark type movie.  I noticed Netflix was advertising The Trials of Cabriel Fernandez.


The rest of the day I spent finishing a page of chess puzzles and entering my tournament games into my Chessbase database.


Teresa showed me a plastic container of oatmeal which had lots of small ants crawling all over it.  She said she had the top on it and was surprised they still found a way in.  Well, I guess it ain’t Tupperware.  I told her to throw it away as I don’t care for that type of protein.  She poured it all onto a large plate and set it on the kitchen table and proclaimed they only like sweets so they would all be gone by morning.  Sitting next to it I killed a few of them by hand when they ventered near the edges of the plate and they were all gone in a couple hours.


Teresa talked to Laura then asked me to check for The Trials of Cabriel Fernandez on Netflix.  What a coincidence.  Teresa and I watched the first 3 of the 7 episodes of the mini-series.


Laura also texted me to see Abducted in Plain Sight but we’ll save that for another night.


5,050 steps today.


Joke of the day

Two men are trying to get in a quick eighteen holes, but there are two women golfers in front of them who are taking quite a long time to play each hole.

The first guy says, "Why don't you go over and ask if we can play through?"

The second guy gets about halfway there, turns and comes back.

The first guy says, "What's wrong?"

The second guy says, "One of them is my wife, and the other is my mistress."

The first guy says, "That could be a problem. I'll go over."

He gets about halfway there and he turns and comes back too.

The second guy says, "What's wrong?"

The first guy says, "Small world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment