Friday, March 20, 2020

Thursday, March 19, 2020




Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night finally waking/getting up at 7am.


Teresa told me she would like to make a trip to Pricesmart this afternoon.


I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show, changed into jeans and a t-shirt and left the apt.  The doormen are now wearing masks and gloves.  I asked one of them to order me a taxi and I let him open and close the guardhouse door.  I got out at Envios Market where I picked up my package, my March Chess Life magazine and paid for my April and May box rental.  I took a taxi back to the apt and shocked Teresa when I walked in just after 10am.


My package consisted of the marigold supplements I ordered at the end of January and the web belt I ordered the middle of February.  Unfortunately, I screwed up my belt order and its brown instead of black and size 32 instead of 34.  Sigh!  My bad!


We left the apt just after 5pm and took a taxi to Pricesmart.  All the employees were wearing masks and gloves and I saw quite a few customers wearing masks.  We picked up some groceries and at checkout the cashiers were also wearing gloves and masks.  I thought the grocery store would be much busier than it was.  We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt arriving at 6:30.


Sigh!  That will probably be my last time venturing out until the beginning of next month when I pay bills and pick up medications.


In the Colombian news almost everything is related to the virus.


 "On March 19, the Government of Colombia announced that they will be closing all airports effective March 23 for 30 days. No travel in or out of the country will be permitted. "


I’ve been watching who I think is the mayor of Bogota talking about the test closure of the city for Friday thru Monday but on Facebook today someone said it was for Medellin also.


In other news Martha, Wilson’s girlfriend, had some type of female organ surgery and is now recuperating.


3,922 steps today.


Joke of the day

Three nurses sadly pass away. They rise up into heaven, and there they approach the gatekeeper to plead their case for entering paradise. 

So the keeper points to the first nurse, who says: "I worked in an emergency room. I treated many people, and always did my best to help. And although sometimes we would lose patients, I still think I deserve to enter."

The gatekeeper glances at her file and admits her to heaven.

The second nurse then says, "I used to work in the operating room, assisting surgeons. It was a lot of stress, and we lost many people, but I always did my best." 

The keeper glances at her file and motions her to enter.

"And you?" He asks the third nurse.

"I was a case manager for an HMO. I worked with thousands of patients." She answers confidently. 

The gatekeeper takes a long and careful look at her file. He pulls out a calculator and starts entering digits quickly, looking back from time to time at the woman's file. After a few minutes like this, the keeper looks up, smiles at her and says: "Congratulations! You've been admitted to heaven...

for five days!"

2 comments:

  1. Yer back on trackTerry: Another joke new to me today, thanx!
    ==
    Good luck with that month-long senior sequestering situation there. Stay safe and healthy! (Maybe it's time for some inspired 'Cabin Fever' jokes?)
    ==

    ReplyDelete