Thursday, March 19, 2020

Tuesday, March 17, 2020




Happy Saint Patrick’s Day.


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 4:30am, fell back asleep waking/getting up at 7:15.


Again, most of the news this morning is about the Corona Virus.

I texted Juan and told him we should cancel our Spanish lesson for this week.  I’ve heard libraries are closed so Juan Castro and I might not be able to meet for a chess lesson either.  


I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the mall to get a much needed haircut.


I dropped off my 2nd generation iPad for recycling then went up to the 4th floor of the mall.  Mr. Kutz was closed.  It was 5 minute to 10 and I had the thought that they might open at 10.  I found Dollar City open and looked for a parcheesi game but didn’t see one.  I noticed Claro and the banks were open but all the fashion stores were closed.  I went down to Todo Fresa and took my usual seat in the back.  I noticed they didn’t have any food in their display cases and I saw a couple employees in the back with lots of stacked boxes.  I stayed 45 minutes solving a few chess puzzles.  On my way out I noticed Juan Valdez was open but most of the other cafes and snack kiosks were closed.


I went down to the guardhouse and dropped off my old laptop with the doorman for Esmiralda to pick up later.


Juan Carlos and I agreed to cancel our lesson for this week – at least.


In the afternoon Teresa went to Caldas and got the finca contract signed.  When she came back she said she heard there is a crowd of people at Mayorista – most getting toilet paper and rice.  I think Colombians are just beginning to wake up to the seriousness of this disease.


I watched some movies on Direct TV and Netflix including Train to Busan.


On the evening news I learned Colombia has 65 people with the virus, 33 of them in Bogota.  Medellin has 7 cases.


President Ivan Duque made another evening address to the nation.
  

6,243 steps today.


Joke of the day

A doctor at an insane asylum decided to take his patients to a baseball game.

For weeks in advance, he coached his patients to respond to his commands. 

When the day of the game arrived, everything went quite well. As the national anthem started, the doctor yelled, "Up Nuts", and the patients complied by standing up. After the anthem, he yelled, "Down Nuts", and they all sat back down in their seats. 

After a home run was hit, the doctor yelled, "Cheer Nuts" They all broke out into applause and cheered. When the umpire made a particularly bad call against the star of the home team, the Doctor yelled, "Booooo Nuts" and they all started booing and cat calling. 

Comfortable with their response, the doctor decided to go get a beer and a hot dog, leaving his assistant in charge. When he returned, there was a riot in progress. 

Finding his missing assistant, the doctor asked:" What in the world happened?"

The assistant replied: "Well everything was going just fine until this guy walked by and yelled, "PEANUTS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment