Monday, March 9, 2020

Sunday, March 8, 2020


Today is International Women’s Day.


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:15.


I left the apt just before 8am and caught a bus as I was crossing Avenida Poblado.  I noticed there wasn’t any Ciclovia going on today.  I got off as usual at Calle 7 and walked up the hill and noticed a large flower stand across the street from Exito.  I arrived at Ganso & Castor 5-10 minutes early taking one of the only outdoor seats at one of their rickety little picnic tables.  Glenn and James arrived 5 minutes later and we moved to an inside 4-top.


We chatted until just after 10am then moved to Pergamino Café.  
For a change I tried their smoothie of the day – strawberry, mango and banana – and it was quite good.  We left there just before noon – they caught a Didi car and I walked back to Exito to the flower stand.  At first I pointed to a large bouquet of long stem red roses but they wanted 60mil ($19) for them.  I then chose a smaller bouquet of yellow roses for 20mil but a man handed me a bouquet of shorter stem red and white roses for 30mil.  I bought it and later counted 24 roses.  I walked down Calle 7 and after a 5 minute wait I was on an Envigado bus.


I returned to the apt by 12:30 and Teresa loved the roses.  I know they won’t last long but today is a special day.


I spent most of the day reentering my tournament games and solving another set of 24 mate-in-3 chess puzzles.


At 8pm the President of Colombia addressed the nation about the Corona Virus.  Of course, the only thing I understood was a diagram about proper hand washing and not touching your face.


5,389 steps today.


Joke of the day
UNDENIABLE FACTS
Arguing over a girl’s bust size is like choosing between Molson, Heineken, Coors & Budweiser. Men may state their preferences but will grab whatever is available

No comments:

Post a Comment