Saturday, October 24, 2020

Friday, October 23, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up once about 1am, again at 3am, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for my walk. I met Marcos outside his apt and we walked to downtown Envigado where he bought a couple fish at Chuck’s Mart. We walked back to La Buena Mesa but we found Parva to be closed – very strange. I led him to Los Portenos (sp?) where we had café con leches under their sideless tent. (I googled it and it appears they are called event tents.) I mentioned the buffering I’m having with my Medellin TV and he said he has 50Mbps for which he pays 120mil. I have 10 Mbps for almost 100mil so I think it would be a good idea to increase mine. I asked the waiter if they have eggs for breakfast and I understood something like scrambled eggs with tomato and bacon. As we left I overheard a couple young ladies speaking English. I returned to my apt just before 11am.

I found Tigo/Une’s (they merged some years ago) website and managed to setup an account.

Hola! Recuerda que para realizar consultas o solicitudes adicionales puedes ingresar a Mi Tigo en b.tigo.com/mi-tigo, allí podrás gestionar tus servicios de forma rápida y fácil.

But my chat didn’t work so well as it was a virtual assistant that had no interest in answering my question about help in English. Using google I found an office in Parque Envigado so I will probably try there tomorrow. It would be nice if I could take care of this without bothering Teresa. She spends enough time on-hold on her cellphone.

We had a light shower early in the afternoon but it didn’t last long.

I had my 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Castro.

Teresa informed me that I had some papers waiting for me at the guardhouse. I went down and besides more junk mail was a paper copy of my federal ballot. (I had asked it to be sent to me via email.)

I started watching a new Netflix series called The Queen’s Gambit (8.8). And it is about a young girl/lady playing chess.

 

The Trump campaign’s communications director asserted on Friday that the reason some migrant families separated by the administration at the U.S. border have not been reunited is because the parents do not want their children back.

 

The latest conservative effort to smear Democratic presidential nominee has now been debunked by a reporter at Fox News.

On Thursday night, President Donald Trump invited Tony Bobulinski, an ex-business associate of Hunter Biden, to accuse Joe Biden of lying about his knowledge of his family's overseas business dealings.

Part of his case against the Democratic nominee was a series of text messages in which Hunter Biden referred to consulting with someone known as "The Chairman" about an investment in a company called SinoHawk Holdings.

In Bobulinski's telling, "The Chairman" referred directly to Joe Biden.

However, Fox News reporter Jacqui Heinrich combed through all of the texts and emails released by Bobulinski and determined that his claims about Biden being "The Chairman" were false.

"I completed searching all of Tony Bobulinski's emails," she wrote on Twitter. "They establish: the "Chairman" is China; NO ROLE for Joe Biden in emails/docs; Tony Bobulinski states himself there are NO OTHER MEMBERS besides Hunter Biden, Jim Biden, Rob Walker, James Gillar, and Bobulinski."

 


A federal judge in Washington, D.C., has ordered the U.S. Postal Service to restore high-speed mail sorting machines at facilities that cannot process First Class election mail efficiently amid the coronavirus pandemic.  

 

For the second day in a row, the United States set a daily record for coronavirus cases when nearly 78,000 infections were reported.

Friday's 77,993 cases, as tallied by NBC News, topped Thursday's 77,640. 

 

President Donald Trump, who declared “I don’t make money from China” in Thursday night’s presidential debate, has in fact collected millions of dollars from government-owned entities in China since he took office. Forbes estimates that at least $5.4 million has flowed into the president’s business from a lease agreement involving a state-owned bank in Trump Tower.

 

The US has 8,371,146 ð 8,378,778 ð8,498,283 coronavirus cases with 221,900+ ð 222,100+ ð223,400+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 981,700 ð 990,270 ð998,942 cases with 29,802 deaths. Medellin has 85,311 ð 86,141 ð 87,353 cases, an increase of 1,196 from October 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has a total of 6,088 cases, an increase of 149 from October 22nd to 23rd. New infections are increasing.

 

Joke of the day

My three favorite things are eating my family and not using commas.

No comments:

Post a Comment