Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once at 1am, again at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

Last night I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the LA Rams 24-10.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to the mall. Today Herman’s juice stand wasn’t set up. It was 8am and Habia Una Vez hadn’t opened yet. I went up to the 3rd floor and recycled a couple plastic bottles. Back downstairs the waitress had put up the gates and was cleaning tables. I waited for Jose in case he would have breakfast with me. He arrived at 8:30 and all he wanted was coffee and a pastelito de queso. I had the usual complete breakfast for 10mil.

We went up to the food court just after 9am. I had the black pieces in the first game and he checkmated me in 23 moves.

For lunch I had the Chinese buffet again from Sr. Wok. While I was eating Jose went into a nearby store and had a visa photo taken.

In the 2nd game I had white and he held off my attack for awhile and started one of his one. I held him off and he had to recommit some of his forces to defending his own king. In the end (over 60 moves) I queened a pawn and forced his king in front of his pawn and he resigned.

He left and I went downstairs where I had a café con leche at Todo Fresa while catching up on the news on my cellphone.

Teresa called and asked me to meet her at her mother’s when I was finished with my coffee and we would return to the apt together.

After I picked her up we decided to take a taxi back to the apt, luckily because it soon started sprinkling although it didn’t amount to anything.

I watched an interesting mini-series called Don’t F**K With Cats:Hunting an Internet Killer (8.1).

It appears they will be closing things down this Halloween weekend I just don’t know the extent at this time.

 

A senior U.S. official appointed by President Donald Trump has scrapped a federal regulation designed to protect the editorial independence of Voice of America and other U.S.-funded media outlets, amid accusations he is undermining the journalistic credibility of the broadcasters.

 

At a rally in Allentown, Pennsylvania, on Tuesday, President Donald Trump said something incredible -- even by his standards.

Recounting how his campaign had to move the site of the rally to comply with Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf's Covid-19 protocols, Trump said:

"I'll remember it, Tom. I'm gonna remember it, Tom. 'Hello, Mr. President, this is Governor Wolf, I need help, I need help.' You know what? These people are bad."

Let's be very clear what Trump is doing here: He is threatening to withhold federal aid -- or some sort of other assistance -- the next time Pennsylvania needs it because the state's governor, according to the President, made it difficult to find a site to hold a campaign rally. Yes, really.

 

The coronavirus pandemic in the U.S. is worse today than it’s ever been. CDC director Robert Redfield believes the U.S. could defeat the coronavirus in 12 weeks if people started taking coronavirus safety guidelines like wearing masks more seriously. The coronavirus is spreading rapidly across a majority of U.S. states and experts are anticipating a huge spike in infections now that colder weather is settling in.

 

The US has 8,700,184 ð 8,739,490 ð 8,816,767 coronavirus cases with 225,100+ ð 225,300+ ð 226,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,015,885 ð 1,025,052 ð 1,033,218 cases with 30,565 deaths. Medellin has 90,193 ð 91,145 ð 92,386 cases, an increase of 1,251 from October 26th to 27th. Envigado has a total of 6,605 cases, an increase of 159 from October 26th to 27th. New infections continue to increase.

 

Joke of the day

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears, my illegal logging business is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment