Thursday, October 29, 2020

Wedneday, October 28, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once at 3am, finally waking/getting up at 7:30am.

I hesitate to use the word “cure” but the marigold (calendula) flower pills seem to be working marvelously for the osteoarthritis in my back.

Teresa informed me she wanted to return to the gym. She said she would talk to management and I would then put 1 month’s fee in Laura’s account. She’s expecting a fish delivery this morning so I told her to go to the gym and I would cancel my walk to wait for the delivery. I told her I’m not returning anytime soon since I’m in a high-risk category (male, old, overweight) and infections continue to increase. Ten minutes later she completely changed her mind, she’s not returning to the gym and I can go for my walk.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and went for my walk.

I completed my usual route then headed south on Avenida Poblado. Men were putting up Christmas decorations on the main streets. I turned east on Transversal 33 and walked to the end. I noticed a Jehovah’s Witness temple on the last block. On the way back to the apt I bought a few groceries at a small market. Today I wore my step counter and I completed almost 8,000.

Jeff, from Medelling Guru, emailed me with a correction to my blog. It’s Antioquia’s ICU bed occupancy that is over 80% not Colombia’s.

At 1:45 we lost all power. Teresa noticed my computer still turned on and I told her it has a battery but it seldom is used because its always plugged in. We took a nap. The power came back on an hour later.

I hadn’t updated my Chessbase 15 Mega Database with new games since I bought it last February. I googled how to do an update, located my password, and started the process about 5pm. It finally finished at 9:15 after adding 277,943 new games.

 

The Trump administration’s Covid-19 testing czar warned Wednesday that local governments may be forced to impose “draconian measures” if Americans don’t start taking safety precautions seriously and the coronavirus crisis worsens.

“We still can control this” by wearing masks, social distancing and being careful around the holidays, Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary of health, said on NBC’s “Today” show.

“But if we don’t do those things, it may force local officials or government officials in the states to have more draconian measures because cases will go up if we don’t make a change.”

 

The US has 8,739,490 ð 8,816,767 ð 8,928,224 coronavirus cases with 225,300+ ð 226,200+ ð 227,600+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,025,052 ð 1,033,218 ð 1,041,935 cases with 30,753 deaths. Medellin has 91,145 ð 92,386 ð 93,850 cases, an increase of 1,458 from October 27th to 28th. Envigado has a total of 6,703 cases, an increase of 97 from October 27th to 28th. New infections continue to increase.

 

Joke of the day

RIP boiling water – you will be mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment