Thursday, October 1, 2020

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

 


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, took a while to fall asleep, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then walked to downtown Envigado. I exchanged paperbacks at the bookstore, bought a few plastic storage envelopes for Teresa at the copy center, picked up my medicine for the month at Todo Drogas, and picked up some supplements at the nature store. On my way to the mall I noticed workers repaving the plaza between Exito and Bancolombia.

I was in a line to enter Bancolombia when the security guard worked his way down the line. When he got to me he asked if I needed a cashier and I told him I did. He told me to go right inside. I got my number and it was maybe a 5-minute wait inside for a cashier. I got my cash after making a few deposits into Bancolombia accounts. I left and walked about 30 yards to Av Villas. My first time inside this particular bank I got in line for a cashier. Good news – the line was short; bad news – I had to stand. After 5-10 minutes I had no problem making the deposit into the real estate agency’s account for our apt.

I went downstairs to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche. An hour later I went into Exito (I noticed a few pumpkins for sale) and bought tomatoes and apples and took a taxi back to the apt. Someone was setting up Halloween decorations in and around the guardhouse.

 

A federal judge in Montana on Wednesday rejected an effort by President Trump’s campaign and other Republican groups to block the state’s counties from holding a mostly-by-mail general election, saying the claim the election could be marred by fraud is “fiction.” 

 

Republicans distanced themselves Wednesday from President Trump over his failure to unambiguously condemn white supremacists during the presidential debate the night before, as Mr. Trump faced a torrent of criticism including a rare rebuke from the Senate’s top Republican.

 

The coronavirus tightened its grip on the American heartland, with hospitals in Wisconsin and North Dakota running low on space, and the NFL postponing a game over an outbreak that’s hit the Tennessee Titans football team.

 

Portions of the Mueller report that had been redacted by the U.S. Department of Justice must be published, according to a Wednesday ruling by a federal judge.

 

The US has 7,164,954 ð 7,217,798 ð 7,259,474 coronavirus cases with 204,700+ ð 205,800+ ð 206,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 818,203 ð 824,042 ð 829,679 cases with 25,998 deaths.  Medellin has 65,394 ð 66,128 ð 66,587 cases, an increase of 534 from September 29th to 30th. Envigado has a total of 3,882 cases, an increase of 39 from September 29th to 30th.

 

Joke of the day

My wife comes in with a brand new bag, looked expensive.

Me: "Honey I see you got a new Gucci bag, where'd you get it?"

Wife: "My boss and I bought a lottery ticket together and won! I bought the bag with my half of the winnings."

*next day wife comes home with new, fancy sunglasses.

Me: "Wow those are elegant sunglasses you have on today. Where did you get them?"

Wife: "My boss and I spent some of our leftover winnings on another ticket and won again! Used my half of the winnings to treat myself again."

*the 3rd day wife drives home in new Ferrari.

Me: "Let me guess...you and your boss won the lottery again?"

Wife: "Yes!! Isn't our luck just so unbelievable right now?? All of this winning has wiped me out mentally. Could you do me a huge favor and fill the bath for me so I can relax?"

Me: "Anything for you, dear."

*wife comes up to see the bathtub filled with only an inch or two of water.

Wife: "Honey how is this gonna work... You need to fill it with way more water than this."

Me: "We don't want to get your lottery ticket wet now do we?"

No comments:

Post a Comment