Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Monday, October 5, 2020

 Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once during the night, again at 6:30, finally getting up at 7:30.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 1, drawing 1 and losing 2. I had the black pieces in 3 of the 4 games. In one of my losses my mouse suddenly died and I had to scramble to replace the battery. That must have cost me at least a minute but I wasn’t doing well in that game anyway. In another game my finger slipped and I moved my king instead of my queen and I lost that game. Now my rating is back down to 1475.

Happy Birthday Teresa! She turned 62 today. Phase 1 of our celebration was at Mu last Saturday. Phase 2 will hopefully be next Saturday night.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left the apt. I met Marcos outside his apt complex at 9:30. On our way downtown we stopped at the copy center next to Aymara where he had a 5”x7” photo printed from his cellphone for 2mil. He said #18 is their size for a 5x7. We walked to Parque Envigado where he stopped and talked to a man. He bought a long cellphone cord/USB charger for 8mil. The guy had a new one for 15mil that I would have liked to have bought but I don’t walk with cash on me. From there I took him to the watch kiosk where he had new batteries added to a couple of old watches for 10mil. We went into Chuck’s Mart where he bought a couple red snapper for 30mil. We walked back to Aymará for coffee but they were closed (didn’t notice the first time there). We walked across the street to a fast food chicken place where we each had a café con leche. While there a man came by with a large white dog with light blue eyes. I asked him what it was and he said a “something” husky. He said he bought it at a kennel in Rionegro for a little less than 1 million pesos. Marcos returned to his apt and I to mine arriving just before 11am.

Teresa returned 5 minutes later. She had some medical reports she wanted sent to a doctor in Clinica Las Americas. She gave me a cellphone number which I put in her contact list. Then I went to Whatsapp and did a search for that name but it wasn’t found. Doesn’t that mean that that cellphone doesn’t have Whatsapp? I’m not an expert on cellphones so I didn’t know what else I could do.

Teresa left to get help from Wilson.

Laura finally called me back and she said I need to put +57 before the cellphone number. I told her my cellphone is from Colombia, my sim card is from Colombia and I’m calling a Colombian number so why do I need the +57. She told me you always need it. I don’t agree but what can I do?

At 1pm it started raining but it didn’t last long.

Teresa called me at 1:15 and told me the muchacho is here to pick up my package. I went down to the porteria, handed over the package, signed a form and he left.

I googled Rionegro kennels and found a pet shop with lots of different breeds of dogs available. I found month and a half Samoyeds for 1,800,000 pesos.

It’s been a month since I gave myself my last haircut. This time I timed it more carefully and it took 25-30 minutes.

I watched Se7en (8.6) on Netflix for the umpteenth time.

Teresa returned and told me Martha took care of her medical paperwork. Something about making copies and scanning them.

In the evening I took a shower so I wouldn’t be bringing all the loose hairs to bed.

Teresa informed me that the doctor still hasn’t received the medical test results. I recommended to her to make copies and go to the doctor’s offic tomorrow and give her the originals. And while there ask why her cellphone number doesn’t seem to work for Whatsapp.

 

Trump press secretary Kayleigh McEnany and two deputies tested positive for coronavirus. She’s the one who on February 25th said “We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here… and isn't it refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama."

 

“I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M,” the president tweeted. “Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!”

Tell that to the families of the 209,000 Americans who have died of the Coronavirus.

Two White House Housekeeping Staffers Tested Positive for the Coronavirus.

 

The US has 7,409,383 ð 7,443,595 ð 7,480,422 coronavirus cases with 209,200+ ð 209,500+ ð 209,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 848,147 ð 855,052 ð 862,158 cases with 26,844 deaths.  Medellin has 68,235 ð 69,433 ð 69,598 cases, an increase of 158 from October 4th to 5th. Envigado has a total of 4,173 cases, an increase of 13 from October 4th to 5th.

 

Joke of the day

You may have heard of the best kept secret of the US army - the infamous area 51 in Nevada, where secret operations are conducted.

 

It was late afternoon when the Air Force spotted a Cessna airplane landing right at area 51. Perplexed, they immediately seized the pilot and dragged him into an interrogation room.

The pilot's story was that he took off from Vegas, got lost, and spotted the Base just as he was about to run out of fuel. The Air Force started a full FBI background check on the pilot and held him overnight during the investigation.

By the next day, they were finally convinced that the pilot really was lost and wasn't a spy. They gassed up his airplane, gave him a terrifying "you-did-not-see-a-base" briefing, complete with threats of spending the rest of his life in prison, told him Vegas was that-a-way on such-and-such a heading, and sent him on his way.

 

The day after that though, to the total disbelief of the Air Force, the same Cessna showed up again. Once again, the MP's surrounded the plane... only this time there were two people in the plane. The pilot and a sour, angry looking woman.

The same pilot jumped out and said, "I know I shouldn't be here again, and you can do anything you want to me, but please, please, will you tell my wife that I actually DID spend last night in area 51!"

No comments:

Post a Comment