Friday, October 16, 2020

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once at 3:15, was awakened by a calf cramp at 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Last night I payed 4 games of chess on Chess.com, winning 2 and losing 2. This time I had the black pieces in 3 out of the 4 games. My rating is still the same – 1515.

Last night I charged the external battery. Some night soon I’m sure we’ll be giving it a try.

Teresa left at 9:15 for her walk. She returned at 10:30 and we went down to Mercado Madrid to buy mainly fruits and vegetables. While cruising the aisles I heard “pancakes with blueberries” said in English. I asked the guy where he’s from. He’s from West Virginia and he’s here visiting with his girlfriend.

I received an email from Alex’s son living in Tokyo. I’m going to try to help him obtain some documents and answer their questions.

My son sent me a $75 Amazon gift certificate for my birthday.

I depleted most of the battery on my cellphone then plugged in my new external battery and it worked fine.

I was watching a movie that Teresa wanted to see on our new Amazon Firestick so I missed the “dueling debates” but I watched commentary afterwards on CNN. I was so tired…but I managed to struggle to stay awake until 10:30.

 

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) told the New York Times on Thursday that he spent several days in the intensive care unit after checking into the hospital with COVID-19, and that he was "wrong not to wear a mask" at the White House.

 

The coronavirus is surging, the recovery is flagging, and the economy desperately needs more stimulus. Put the blame squarely on President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell for the fact that help hasn't arrived.

It makes no sense to blame House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Two weeks ago, the House passed a $2.2 trillion package that would include $1,200 stimulus checks, $600 per week in enhanced unemployment benefits, more than $400 billion in aid for pandemic-devastated state and local governments, and nearly $300 billion for education and child care. Pelosi (D-Calif.) has done her job.

But McConnell (R-Ky.) refuses even to bring that bill up for consideration. He's far too busy rushing Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett through the confirmation process to worry about the millions of Americans who have neither jobs nor prospects — and will slide into poverty unless more help arrives.

 

 

The US has 7,894,994 ð 7,948,603 ð 8,004,070 coronavirus cases with 215,700+ ð 216,600+ ð 217,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 924,098 ð 930,159 ð 936,982 cases with 28,457 deaths.  Medellin has 78,230 ð 78,940 ð 79,831 cases, an increase of 888 from October 14th to 15th. Envigado has a total of 5,230 cases, an increase of 117 from October 14th to 15th. It appears new infections have plateaued once again.

 

Joke of the day

Two guys are bungee-jumping one day. The first guy says to the second.

"You know, we could make a lot of money running our own bungee-jumping service in Mexico."

The second guy thinks this is a great idea, so the two pool their money and buy everything they’ll need – a tower, an elastic cord, insurance, etc.

They travel to Mexico and begin to set up on the square.

As they are constructing the tower, a crowd begins to assemble. Slowly, more and more people gather to watch them at work.

The first guy jumps. He bounces at the end of the cord, but when he comes back up, the second guy notices that he has a few cuts and scratches.

Unfortunately, the second guy isn’t able catch him, he falls again, bounces and comes back up again.

This time, he is bruised and bleeding. Again, the second guy misses him.

The first guy falls again and bounces back up. This time, he comes back pretty messed up – he’s got a couple of broken bones and is almost unconscious.

Luckily, the second guy finally catches him this time and says, "What happened? Was the cord too long?"

The first guy lifts his head weakly and says, "No, the cord was fine. But tell me... what the heck is a piñata?"

No comments:

Post a Comment