Friday, October 30, 2020

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa left at 9am to talk to Smartfit management and go for her walk.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then walked to the mall. I noticed that Todo Fresa was nearly full with diners. I recycled a bottle upstairs on the 3rd floor then had coffee in Santa Eleña on the 2nd floor. I read another section in my new chess book. Coffee here is 5,900 pesos as compared to 4,500 in Todo Fresa which might be why there are fewer customers here. They do have a large assortment of croissants although I only had a café con leche.

I stopped in Exito where I bought a package of fajitas and a large package of eggs then took a taxi back to the apt.

 

I’ve read most of Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch novels so I started the first of 7 seasons of the TV series Bosch (8.4) on Medellin TV.

I had a 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Castro.

We had a little rain in the afternoon.

I spent hours downloading a Chessbase magazine that is part of my annual Chessbase subscription but in the end it wasn’t in the database like it was supposed to be.

 

The US has 8,816,767 ð 8,928,224 ð 9,017,467 coronavirus cases with 226,200+ ð 227,600+ ð 228,600+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,033,218 ð 1,041,935 ð 1,053,122 cases with 30,926 deaths. Medellin has 92,386 ð 93,850 ð 95,038 cases, an increase of 1,180 from October 28th to 29th. Envigado has a total of 6,962 cases, an increase of 259 from October 28th to 29th. New infections continue to increase.

 

Joke of the day

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. 

The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, "Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great, I would recommend it very highly." 

The other man said, "What is the name of the restaurant?" 

The first man thought and thought and finally said, "What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know, the one that's red and has thorns?" 

"Do you mean a rose?" 

"Yes, that's the one," replied the man.

He then turned toward the kitchen and yelled, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"

No comments:

Post a Comment