Thursday, October 22, 2020

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Last night I took a whole Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up at 12:30, got up again at 3:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Last night I played 4 games on Chess.com, winning 2 and losing 2. My rating is still 1530.

Thankfully, my back in the mornings has been feeling pretty good. But I still occasionally have my bad days (mornings).

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for my walk. I started with the usual side streets then headed south on Avenida Poblado. Men are still working on remodeling Aymará. It doesn’t look like the basic structure is going to be different so hopefully it will be the same restaurant. I walked east on Transversal 32C to the end (stream) and returned on the other side of the street.

I received an email that my ballot has been received. I sent it last Friday and I think it goes by Fed-Ex. It cost 100,000 pesos (almost $30).

I was thinking of going out for coffee but the skies got dark and soon it started raining. It turned out to be just a light drizzle that soon ended.

About 6pm Teresa surprised me when she told me she wanted a hamburger from McDonald’s. As it turned out she wanted a chicken sandwich. All I found on the Rappi website were combos so I ordered a chicken sandwich for her and a quarter pounder for me – both with fries and soda. It took about 20 minutes for the delivery and I was very impressed by how professionally it was packed. It cost 40mil including the tip – about $11. She didn’t want the fries or Coke so I ended up giving them to our guard.

I listened to O’Bama’s 45-minute speech at a drive-in rally in Pennsylvania.

 

Pope Francis called for the passage of civil union laws for same-sex couples in a documentary that aired in Rome on Wednesday, in a major departure from the position held by the Vatican’s doctrinal office.

“Homosexuals have a right to be part of the family,” the pontiff said in “Francesco,” a documentary about his life. “They’re children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out, or be made miserable because of it.”

“What we have to create is a civil union law,” he added. “That way, they are legally covered. I stood up for that.”

 

A volunteer in AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine trial has died in Brazil, the country's National Health Surveillance Agency said Wednesday.

 

The US has 8,188,764 ð 8,252,426 ð8,371,146 coronavirus cases with 220,000+ ð 220,500+ ð 221,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 965,883 ð 974,139 ð 981,700 cases with 29,464 deaths. Medellin has 84,088 ð 84,569 ð 85,311 cases, an increase of 746 from October 20th to 21st. Envigado has a total of 5,818 cases, an increase of 74 from October 20th to 21st. New infections are increasing again.

 

Joke of the day

A doctor walks into the examining room and puts his hand on his patient’s shoulder.

“I’m afraid I have some bad news.  You’re dying and you don’t have much time left.”

“Oh no!” says the patient.  “How long do I have to live?”

“Ten,” says the doctor.

“Ten?” cries the panicked patient.  “Ten what?  Days? Weeks? Months?”

The doctor calmly replies, “Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment