Sunday, October 18, 2020

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Last night I took half a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30pm, got up at midnight, again at 3am and took the other half, finally waking/getting up just before 6am. (Teresa wants me to go with her for an 8am doctor’s appointment in El Tesoro so I’m glad I woke up on my own and feel fairly refreshed.)

My external battery was fully charged so I unplugged it and set it aside for later.

We left the apt at 7:30 for Teresa’s 8:30 appointment in El Tesoro. We arrived by taxi just after 8am. We went to a different set of elevator banks than usual and took it up to the 4th floor. After checking in at a couple different stations we went into a billing office where I paid 120 mil. We then left and walked north a couple blocks to a small strip mall I had never seen before. Teresa got in line and I got a small café con leche in the nextdoor Bunuelos café and started reading a Chess Life magazine. She returned about 20 minutes later. I understand she had an uncomfortable Covid-19 test. I think they probably pushed a swab way back into her nose for the specimen. I understand she needs to have an official negative result before she can have any type of medical procedure.

We went back to the mall and she did some window shopping and we finally returned to the apt by 11am.

She was tired so we laid down for a nap. So sooner than our heads hit the pillows when the street music began. It was only for change ($) so they only played 2 songs and I soon fell asleep getting/waking up at 12:15.

Teresa made lasagna for lunch and she asked me if I wanted to make garlic bread. I told her if I knew she was going to make pasta I would have bought some bread. She then had a great idea – use one of our hot dog buns. One problem with that is buns aren’t cut evenly but I put the garlic spread on them anyway. While it was in the oven Teresa checked on it once and one side of the oven handle came off. She shut off the oven (early) and after it had cooled down a bit we removed the garlic bread. It could have grilled a little longer but it was still good.

I had a 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Carlos.

I finally finished the Chernobyl mini-series. At least I could now see it with English subtitles instead of Spanish subtitles.

We finished watching Treasure of the Sierra Madre which Teresa liked very much.

The evening news reported that Antioquia will not be celebrating Halloween this year because of the coronavirus.

 

On election night in 2016, Donald Trump stood victorious before the TV cameras and made a promise. "We are going to fix our inner cities and rebuild our highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, schools, hospitals," he said. "We're going to rebuild our infrastructure, which will become, by the way, second to none, and we will put millions of our people to work as we rebuild it."

 

In May 2016, Lindsey Graham tweeted, “If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed . . . and we will deserve it.” 

 

Former US spies told Business Insider that Rudy Giuliani's role in coordinating a widely discredited New York Post story and President Donald Trump's willingness to seize on it highlights how vulnerable they are to being duped by Russian intelligence.

 

More than 68,000 new cases of Covid-19 were recorded in the US on Friday, the highest number in a single day since July, further confirmation the country is in the midst of a coronavirus resurgence.

 

Dan Rather tweeted “It’s tempting to use the analogy of rats fleeing a sinking ship to describe the growing number of Republican elected officials starting to speak out against Donald Trump. But that's really not fair to rats, who tend not to be complicit in driving ships to the bottom of the sea.”

 

The US has 8,004,070 ð 8,036,176 ð 8,122,865 coronavirus cases with 217,300+ ð 217,800+ ð 218,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 936,982 ð 945,354 ð 952,371 cases with 28,803 deaths. Medellin has 79,831 ð 80,967 ð 81,921 cases, an increase of 957 from October 16th to 17th. Envigado has a total of 5,446 cases, an increase of 120 from October 16th to 17th. It appears new infections are on a bit of a roller coaster.

 

Joke of the day

A General visits an army hospital to check on the conditions and inspire the troops. Its WWI, trench warfare is living hell, and the men could really use some inspiration. The general starts talking to the wounded soldiers.

He goes up to the first man and says: "What brings you in here son?" The soldier replies: "sir, I got dysentery in the trenches, something awful." The general asks him: "How are they caring for you in here?" and the soldier replies: "Well sir, every day the nurses put a cool cloth on my head and they clean my behind with a soft brush." The general asks: "Is there anything else we can do for you?" and the soldier says: "No sir, the nurses are doing the best they can." The general seems satisfied, thanks him for his service and moves on to the next man.

The general approaches the second man's bed and asks: "What brings you in here son?" The soldier replies somewhat embarrassed: "Sir, I got gonorrhea from a woman while I was on leave." The general laughs and says: "It happens to the best of us son, how are they caring for you in here?" and the soldier replies: "Well sir, every day the nurses put a cool cloth on my head and they clean my privates with a soft brush." The general asks: "Is there anything else we can do for you?" and the soldier says: "No sir, the nurses are doing the best they can." The general once again seems satisfied, thanks him for his service and moves on to the next man.

The general approaches the third man's bed and asks: "What brings you in here son?" The soldier tells him: "Sir, I got strep throat in the trenches." The general asks: "How are they caring for you in here?" and the soldier replies: "Well sir, every day the nurses put a cool cloth on my head and they clean my throat with a soft brush." The general asks: "Is there anything else we can do for you?" and the soldier says: "Actually sir, there is one thing... I'd like to be the first one to use the brush."

No comments:

Post a Comment