Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

 Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, got up once at 3:30, catnapped after that finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Last night I played 3 games on Chess.com, winning all 3. For some strange reason I had the white pieces for each game. My rating is now 1515.

Jose called me at 7:45 to be sure I was going today since it’s raining lightly. I left the apt just before 8am and arrived at Habia Una Vez by 8:15. Jose arrived about 10 minutes later. We each had their complete breakfast for 10mil while I brought him up to date on everything new since last we met. Just after 9am we adjourned to the food court upstairst.

I had the black pieces in the first game. I missed an opportunity early in the opening to win an exchange. We were even going into the ending. At one point I noticed a young man (masked) watching our game from a few feet away. On second thought I realized it was Juan Carlos my chess coach. He appeared to like my position, so did I, as I checkmated him a couple moves later. Juan talked to Jose for a while about Cuba.

For lunch I had Chinese food from Sr. Wok.

I had the white pieces in the second game and Jose got a dangerous attack against me and I resigned on the 31st move.

Jose left and I went to Claro where I paid our cellphone bills. Teresa called me and I understood she wanted me to wait there in the mall  as she was returning with Alba and wanted me to help her with something.

I was having coffee in Todo Fresa when they arrived about 45 minutes later. I understood Alba was having a problem withdrawing cash from Bancolombia. I went up to the banking area and she had no problem making withdrawals from Bancolombia.

We went back down to Todo Fresa and chatted some more.

I went to Exito to pay the epm and Une bills but their system was down. I went outside and paid the Direct TV bill at the Baloto kiosk.

About 7:30 we went up to Crepes & Waffles for dinner.

We left about 8:30 and Teresa and I took a taxi back to the apt.

 

The US has 7,775,072 ð 7,839,577 ð 7,894,994 coronavirus cases with 214,400+ ð 214,900+  ð 215,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 911,316 ð 919,083 ð 924,098 cases with 28,141 deaths.  Medellin has 75,941 ð 77,533 ð 78,230 cases, an increase of 695 from October 12th to 13th. Envigado has a total of 5,038 cases, an increase of 47 from October 12th to 13th.

 

Joke of the day

"The new neighbors are so in love," remarks Susan to her husband, "he hugs her, kisses her and strokes her hair. Why don't you do that?"

"Because I don't know her that well." 

No comments:

Post a Comment