Saturday, February 23, 2019

Friday, February 22, 2019



I slept well finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7:30.

Much of the local news is about the blockade at the border between Colombia and Venezuela and the Live Aid concert. Also, in an attempt to turn a corner from the days of Pablo Escobar they imploded a building called Monaco in Poblado this morning.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I didn’t see anyone on the corner selling newspapers so I guess 10:30 is too late in the day.  In the future I guess I’ll have to leave earlier on Fridays.  At the gym I completed all my exercises in 90 minutes.  It wasn’t easy after missing 4 weeks.  I found their scale and I weighed in at 77.8kg (171#) as compared to Tuesday at the airport which recorded 79.2kg (175#).

At lunch I had just taken the last bite of my “taco” when my phone rang.  It was on the charger and at first I thought it must be Teresa’s because I almost never get calls.  It was Erwin from Sabaneta finally replying to my text that Eduardo Madrid Panaderia makes fresh bagels.  He and Dora and a couple others want to meet us there for coffee and bagels.  I told him I couldn’t promise they would make bagels on the day we go there and he said he would call first.  I texted them with the bakery’s address and telephone number.

The local TV channels broadcasted the Live Aid concert for the Venezuelans live on the bridge between Colombia and Venezuela.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, Cold Pursuit (6.6) is playing at Viva Envigado at 6:45; Jenifer Lopez’s Second Act (6.0) is paying at 4:05 and 6:40pm; The Mule (7.2) is playing at 2pm.

I heard from Erwin.  Apparently they make bagels in the afternoon so we’re going to meet there Wednesday afternoon and hopefully they will have bagels.

Esmeralda arrived at 4:15.

At 5pm I walked to the mall and at Cine Colombia I first bought 3 general seating tickets to Cold Pursuit for 11,500 each.  I added 50mil to my account then picked up my platinum card and a gift pack which included: a 64oz popcorn bucket which they will refill on each visit, a list of this year’s feature attractions, and a gift card for 2 free 100gm popcorns, 640ml sodas, hot dogs and 45gm KitKat bars and 2 free tickets that I can redeem the month of my birthday.  Other benefits include preferred lines and discounts on certain concession combos and confections, double points with each 1,500 pesos in purchases, and no surcharges on purchase and online reservations.

Since I had some time to kill before they were to arrive, I walked to Auros where I had my 1099s copied to my flash drive.

Back at Cine Colombia I noticed that screens 13 & 14 are now open in addition to the iMax theater.  I got in a short line and got my bucket filled with popcorn.

Teresa and Esmeralda arrived about 6:30.  I bought a soda for me and they got nachos and sodas.

The movie was good with lots of action and surprisingly some comedy.

Afterwards I showed Teresa my shortcut through the parking garage to the gym.

Back at the apt Teresa got out the English toffee that my brother brought and I had forgotten about.

Joke of the day
On his death bed, an old Jewish man says to his wife...
"Oh, Sarah, when the shop burned down you were right beside me, no?"
"Sure I was Moshe," his wife replied.
"When the Nazis drove us out of our beloved Deutschland you were beside me again, no?"
"I was, Moshe."
"And now you're at my death bed, aren't you?"
"I am, darling."
"I'm starting to think you're bad luck, Sarah."

No comments:

Post a Comment