Sunday, February 24, 2019

Saturday, February 23, 2019


Last night it took me a while to fall asleep, probably because of the soda I drank at the movie.  I got up twice during the night finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

After breakfast I wanted to take a dip in the pool but Teresa put a nix on that idea because of my cold.

I left the apt about 9:45.  The guard house has been under construction for the past few weeks.  They have installed 4 metal columns and dug a ditch about 6 inches wide by 2 feet deep between the garage and the guard house.  This morning I saw that they have plastic pipe about 4 inches wide in the ditch and continuing just under the ceiling in the garage.

At the new Smartfit under construction they were pouring cement on the 3rd floor.  I had a 10 minute wait for a bus.

I stopped at the ATM in Clinica Medellin to get a bunch of 20s then went to Envios Market for my mail.  Another man was there doing some business and I had to wait about 20 minutes for my package and mail.  I walked to San Fernando Plaza and took the escalator up to the next floor.  I saw Colombiano Americano University and realized I had been there before.  I went up one more level and finally found the bakery I was looking for but it was closed.

Nearby I found a cool barber shop that I’m sure my brother would like to get a hot shave.

Across the street I quickly caught a bus back to Envigado.  My usual café was closed so I went nextdoor to Milonga café where I had a café con leche.  Unfortunately, they didn’t have wifi so I didn’t hang around very long.

Breaking news: Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, has been charged with 2 counts of soliciting prostitution in Jupiter, Florida.
Also, lots of people are gathered on bridges between Colombia and Venezuela trying to deliver food and medical supplies to Venezuela.

At 6pm it started raining.  It rained hard for about 15 minutes then settled down to just a drizzle.

I went online and found the website for the restaurant Go Wings.  They were having an anniversary special where for 23mil you get a dozen wings with Jack Daniels sauce and 2 orders of fries.  With delivery it was 26mil and I gave the deliveryman 30mil.

We watched A Sound Place on Direct TV.

Joke of the day
There was a lady in her 90s who became a sort of local celebrity because she had recently gotten married. The local news station decided to interview her. The interviewer asked questions like how it was to be a newlywed in her 90s.
"This isn't my first husband, so it's not much different than the others," she replied with a smile.
"Oh? How many husbands have you had?" the interviewer inquired. "This one will be my fourth," she replied.
"I was married in my 20s to a banker, then in my 40s to a circus performer. After that I married a preacher."
"What does your current husband do?"
"Oh he's a funeral director."
The interviewer laughed and then asked how she came to marry these men from such different backgrounds and personalities.
"It always made sense to me," she replied. "I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment