Thursday, February 28, 2019

Wednesday, February 27, 2019


Starting at 10am I watched the Michael Cohen testimony before the House Oversight Committee until we left the apt at 3:25.

We were at the bakery in 5 minutes and they were all having bagels and coffee.  There was Erwin the German, his Colombian wife Dora, his friend Randy who I had already met and Tony, an Italian, who is from Canada.

I had a delicious, fresh sesame bagel with a couple of cafĂ© con leches.  Teresa just had a glass of water.  Later Erwin and Dora changed places so Teresa and Dora could talk to each other in Spanish.  I learned: Tony loves buffalo cheese so I told him I would get him the address of the store in Medellin.  Tony is returning to Canada soon so Randy’s apt will be available so I will let Alex know.  Erwin and Dora are returning to the States soon.  I bought a package of English muffins.

After we left Teresa told me that Dora is 38 years old (Erwin is about 78), has no children, and doesn’t want to have children.

We walked to the mall and stopped at Crepes and Waffles because Teresa said she was hungry.  She had a salad and I a strawberry shake.

After, Teresa asked me if there is a movie we can see.  I checked my Cine Colombia app and Jennifer Lopez’ Second Act was starting in 20 minutes.  In the express line for Platinum card holders I bought 2 preferred seating tickets for 6mil each and added 40mil to the balance on my card.  I bought a small popcorn and medium soda for me and a bottle of water for Teresa.

The movie was “mas or menos” with a typical plot.

At the entrance we found it was raining.  We went into Exito for a few minutes and Teresa checked out the sales.

Back outside the rain had lessened to no more than a mist and we walked back to the apt under my small umbrella.


Today I did 12,026 steps.

Joke of the day
A distinguished young woman on a flight from Switzerland asked the Priest beside her, "Father, may I ask a favor?" "Of course. What may I do for you?"
"Well, I bought an expensive woman's electronic hair dryer for my mother's birthday. The dryer is unopened and well over the Customs limits; and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there any way you could carry it through Customs for me? Under your robes perhaps?"
"I would love to help you, dear, but I must warn you: I will not lie."
"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you."
When they reached the Customs area, she let the priest go ahead of her.
The official asked: "Father, do you have anything to declare?"
"From the top of my head down to my waist, I have nothing to declare."
The official thought this answer strange, so asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waist to the floor?"
"I have a marvelous instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused."
Roaring with laughter, the official said, "Go ahead, Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment