Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Tuesday, February 19, 2019


I slept well, waking at 6:30, quickly falling back asleep and waking/getting up at 7:30.  It’s an unusually cool morning looking like we could get some more rain so I skipped going to the pool this morning.

My brother texted me that the rain last night must have helped fill their hotel pool as its filled this morning.

I left the apt at 11:30 and as I was crossing the street a Sabaneta bus passed in front of me.  I had to wait 5-10 minutes for another.

Traffic was very slow downtown but I still arrived at the hotel by 12:15.

We left at 12:30 and Carlos took us all to the airport.  I asked him how much he would charge for a communa 13 tour and he said 220mil.  We arrived at the airport at 1:10.

While walking toward the COPA baggage check-in I noticed a man standing on a baggage scale.  Great idea!  When he got off I got on and I weighed in at 79.2kg (174#).  I need to work on my diet and exercise more to get that number down a bit.

After they all checked in their bags we had lunch at a Piccolos pizza restaurant.  I had a pizza Mediteranean with a mandarin/strawberry juice.

At 2:50 I wished them a safe flight and we said goodbye for another year.

After a trip to the restroom I went down to the arrivals area and outside waited 10 minutes for a bus to San Diego mall.  The fare is only 10mil ($3.25) compared to about 80mil for a taxi and quite a bit more for a private car.  It soon left and we arrived at the mall at 4:05pm.

I walked through the mall and across the street and was on a Sabaneta bus by 4:15.  Traffic through the gold mile was horrible.  I was wishing I had taken the other Sabaneta bus that goes via Avenida Las Vegas.  At least I had my iPod with me so I could fight off the boredom listening to music.  I got back to the apt at 5:45 the same time they were arriving in Panama.

Teresa needed some medical papers copied for tomorrow’s doctors’ appointments so I soon headed to the mall.  At Auros I made the necessary copies then went to Habia Una Vez for coffee.

On the way back to the apt Teresa called and asked me to pick up a couple bags of milk at Exito.  Lucky for her I was right across the street.  I waited in line (they are so slow) and there was a young girl standing behind me while her mother was elsewhere and on the phone to boot.  I said “hello” and she said “hello”.  I said “how are you” and she said “good”.  I asked her age and she said “7”.  We had a short conversation while I was checking out.

Teresa informed me that we have to leave the apt tomorrow at 9am for her doctor’s appointment to have her liver checked and we will have lunch out of the apt as she has another doctor’s appointment at 2:30.

About 9:30 it started raining heavily.

Joke of the day
An 80 year old man was having his annual checkup, and the doctor asked him how he was feeling.
"I've never been better!" he boasted.  "I've got a 20 year old bride who's pregnant, and having my child! What do you think about that?"
The doctor considered this for a moment then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter.
He never missed a season. But one day he went out in a bit of a hurry, and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun."
The doctor continued, "So he was in the woods, and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him!
He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear, and squeezed the handle.
And do you know what happened?" the doctor queried.
Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No."
The doctor continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"
"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man. "Someone else must have shot that bear."
"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment